Get Lucky, Radioactive, Royals, Locked Out of Heaven, Blurred Lines— this year’s Record of the Year category might as well be a grand Grammy face-off between all of our favorite workout jams. While we’re used to these tunes pushing us to move it-move it, today we’re letting them inspire a pretty playlist of makeup and hair we want to remix into our every day routines.
1. Up All Night ‘til the Sun Shadow: Our favorite Daft Punk/Pharrell song of the summer comes to life with a glitzy gold and coral eyeshadow duo that looks like a *surprise!* sunrise might after a long night of partying heartily. (via Keiko Lynn)
2. Legend of the Phoenix Gold Lips: You’ll need these unexpected gold lips to a) light up the night and b) pout your way past any bouncer that threatens you with that “wait in line” business. (via Refinery29)
3. Get Lucky Gold Nail Charms: We’re up all night just Pinning and pining for nail art. You too? While we’re charmed by these dollar sign decals, a steady hand and gold nail art pen over a shimmery shade would do the trick too! (via Pinterest)
4. Crown of Curls Hair How-To: Sigh, we know, we know, Lorde! We’ll never be royals (“roooyals”) but at least can we have your hair? Please?! You can at least give it a shot with our wave tutorial! (via Brit + Co.)
5. Oh Lorde: Fit for a Queen Eye Makeup: We’re driving Cadillacs in our dreams… over to Lorde’s house to get her to do our makeup before school in the morning. Or just copping her cute cat eye from this beauty blogger. (via From Head to Toe)
7. We’ll Paint it Red Warpaint: How would you do your makeup the morning of an apocalyptic revolution? Probably like this. We plucked this prettiness from Pinterest to bring the Imagine Dragons tune to life, but recreate the winged shadow here and the bright red kisser here! (via Pinterest)
9. Welcome to the New Age Nail Art: Electrify a tired tribal mani with fluorescent fingertips. We’re using this pic as Pinspiration and a tribal tutorial (we like this one!) to get us going. (via Pinterest)
11. Your Kiss Takes Me to Paradise, Too: “Blurred Lines” isn’t the only record of the year that makes us think of being naked. Nude lips will let silver shadow shine and still look sweet. (via The Beauty Department)
12. Hair Braid Halo: You can see our halo (halo, halo) any day of the week, Bruno. Your favorite angelic ‘do will capture the spirit of his song, but we’re especially smitten with this pretty look. (via Hair Romance)
13. Everybody Get Up Brow: We do hate blurred lines when it comes to brows, Robin Thicke. Our makeup maven crush Michelle shows us how to pencil in a strong pair a la model Cara Delevingne. (via Michelle Phan)
15. Far From Plastic Pony Plait + Gold Scrunchie ($6): When pretty much all you’re wearing is your bday suit, your hair has to look killer. Get the high ponytail rope braid straight from the video topped off with gold lamé. (via Allure)
Who do you think is taking home Record of the Year Sunday? Has music ever inspired your makeup or hair? Share below!