5 Things You Should Know About Audrey Hepburn’s Supermodel Granddaughter
There will always be a special place in our hearts for Miss Audrey Hepburn. From her trademark films to her impeccable amount of class, the Hollywood actress is a legacy. While she sadly passed away back in ’93, her small family has played a major role in helping to keep her memory alive. One member of the Hepburn/Ferrer clan that’s beginning to attract some attention all on her own is Audrey’s granddaughter, Emma Ferrer. The 20-year-old doesn’t look exactly like Hepburn, but she does share some of the same interests and aspirations as her famous family member. Here are five things you should know about Emma before she inevitably becomes a major modern day starlet.
1. She’s a budding supermodel. Because, duh. With Audrey’s genes running through your veins that kind of seems like a given. The 20-year-old signed to Storm Model Management late last year and has already been featured in an editorial on Yahoo Styleand on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar. Fun fact: the photos from the Harper’s Bazaar shoot were shot by the iconic American fashion and portrait photographer (whose muse was Audrey) Richard Avedon’s grandson Michael Avedon. (Photo via @emmakathleenferrer)
2. She rocks her grandmother’s clothes. Ferrer told Yahoo Style, “I did inherit some of her clothes, but not a ton. There have been some auctions and then some of [the archive] is away in the estate, as we call it. I have a lot of her cashmere turtlenecks, most of them are Ralph Lauren. They’re really durable and warm and I love wearing them.” We’re really trying to control our jealousy over here. (Photo via Andrew Toth/Getty)
3. She is involved with her grandmother’s favorite charity. Just like Audrey, Emma also makes charity work a priority. Hepburn was a Goodwill Ambassador to UNICEF from 1989 to her death in 1993, working primarily with the suffering children of impoverished countries like Vietnam and Ethiopia. Last November, Emma was spotted continuing her grandmother’s legacy, joining UNICEF in New Jersey to help pack 25,000 winter survival kits for the children of Sudan and Northern Iraq. (Photos via Dave Kotinsky/Getty)
4. She’s an art student. She may already have a few major modeling gigs under her belt, but Ferrer also has other interests. She says she’s always dreamed of becoming a painter and is currently in her third year at the Florence Academy of Art. While she was previously attending the school in Italy, she told Yahoo Style back in October that the school would be opening a satellite campus in Jersey City, New Jersey and she had plans to relocate to Manhattan this year. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
5. She has lived all over the world. Just like her grandmother (who was born in Brussels, died in Switzerland and also lived in England, Rome + more), Emma has resided in more places that the average 20-something. She was born in the same small town in Switzerland where Audrey passed away. She then moved to Los Angeles until she was 14 after which she moved to Florence to be closer to her father. And then, as mentioned above, she has most recently relocated back to the states to NYC. (Photo via @emmakathleenferrer)
Are there any other grandchildren of Hollywood royalty who are on your radar? Share a little info about them with us in the comments below.