11 Essential Espadrilles for Spring 2017
T-minus how many days until Coachella again? Beyond the quintessential festival-ready overall dress and trend-right anklets, it’s time to focus on your footwear of choice. Don’t get us wrong: Trusty Birks and pom-pom adorned gladiators are great, but it pays to think outside the box. The second the temps reach above 70 degrees, you best believe we’ll be reaching for laid-back espadrilles (or five) that would do any shoe-lover proud. Keep on scrolling for 11 standout pairs that will hold you down from Bonnaroo to brunch.
1. Loeffler Randall Alfie Espadrille Sneaker ($250): It’s an espadrille. It’s a sneaker. No, no, it’s definitely both. When your kicks pack this much punch (ahem, those playful poms), why would you ever settle for anything less?
2. ASOS Jessel Chunky Tie Leg Espadrilles ($34): Not only will these scene-stealing lace-up rainbow espadrilles rack up the likes on Insta (and IRL), but they’re guaranteed to banish a case of the outfit blahs.
3. Soludos x Sleepy Jones x Mary Matson ($42): Add a little POC (pop of color) to your festival-going attire with these vibrant blue Ellsworth Kelly-inspired espadrilles brought to you by commissioned artist Mary Matson. Be forewarned: You may be tempted to wear these with every outfit this summer.
4. Forever 21 Faux Suede Floral Espadrilles ($20): Between the pretty floral embroidery and the slingback style, these summer steppers aren’t up for debate. And did we mention they’re comfortable too? You know, for the copious amounts of time you’ll spend dancing the afternoon away.
5. Scotch & Soda Fringe Detailed Espadrilles ($98): Three words: fabulously fierce fringe. Get the party started with THE canvas espadrilles that cannot (and will not) be ignored. Our inner bohemian goddess recommends accessorizing with a delicate anklet and perhaps some rolled-up sun-washed chinos for good measure.
6. Zara Raffia Espadrilles With Slogan ($50): BRB, just counting down the days ’til the return of our favorite season (cough, summer, cough) in our brand spankin’ new espadrilles. June 21 cannot come soon enough.
7. Rebecca Minkoff Baylee Beach Hair Don’t Care Espadrille ($125): Beach hair, don’t care — how appropriate would these carefree espadrilles featuring a frayed jute trim be for roaming about the Colorado Desert? If you have to ask, then you can’t rage on with us.
8. Chiara Ferragni Find Me in Wonderland Pink Glitter Sabot Espadrilles ($313): We know these babies are a bit of a splurge, but how can you NOT when they’re this downright sparkly and galactic-inspired. Oh, and they’re pink (sigh). With Chiara Ferragni’s approval and a metallic souvenir jacket on standby, you’ll be just a step away from street MVP status.
9. Sam Edelman Lynda Bow-Embellished Canvas Espadrilles ($100): Spot the Moroccan influence: These teal and yellow backless espadrilles are *perfect* for an afternoon spent about town. They’ll serve as a stylish sidekick to an artisan-made headscarf and a straw tote.
10. Isabel Marant Étoile Floral-Print Cana Espadrilles ($155): From interning in the Big Apple to hitting up an outdoor concert, these floral print espadrilles are ready to tackle it all. Now all that’s missing is a dainty eyelet top and some cool patchwork denim shorts.
11. Kate Spade Idalah Bow Espadrille ($98): Self-proclaimed preppy girls: Run, don’t walk, to snatch up these striped bow-topped espadrilles for the 10th Annual Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic in June. Your floppiest straw hat and a bottle of rosé will be in order.
Which of these boho-chic espadrilles will you be scooping up? Follow us on Pinterest for more festival season fashion!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.