12 Overall Dresses You Need for Festival Season
Sure, we know that festival style gets a bad rep sometimes — but hear us out. There’s something to be said about a tomboy-inspired dungaree dress that has Bonnaroo written all over it. Ahead, we’re bringing you 12 Pinterest-approved pinafore and overall dresses that you need to invest in ahead of festival season. Proceed to toss ‘em over mock-neck crop tops, v-neck tees, and colorful crochet bralets for no shortage of street cred.
1. Among A Cutting Overall Dress ($138): Is it an apron? Is it a denim dress? No, it’s definitely the latter. (And let it be known: There’s nothing dowdy or matronly about it.) The snap-front closure and trend-right frayed hem would even receive an invisible high-five from the trendsetting crowd. Just add a neon vinyl fanny pack and lazy girl-approved mules FTW.
2. Topshop Moto White Denim Pinafore Dress ($68): Nothing says upcoming summer concert series like a ‘90s-inspired pini dress that goes with anything and everything. (AKA: Get ready to be a repeat outfit offender.) Dial it down with an Adidas track jacket, a baseball cap, and Stan Smiths for a festival-going getup that will have you kickin’ it cool in no time.
3. Free People The Patchwork Jumper Dress ($98): If you can dig it, team this wardrobe workhorse with a ringer tee, old-school Vans, and cactus earrings for a “trying, but not trying too hard” vibe.
4. Zara Faux Leather Pinafore Dress With Zip ($36): Take a stand with this bottle green leather style that will serve as a foundation to all your feminist loving apparel. You already know embroidered ankle booties and oversized hoops are in order.
5. Mango Metallic Appliqués Pinafore Dress ($60): From the boardroom to Bonnaroo — how’s that for a fashion tagline? Ditch the stuffy button-down for a billowy bell sleeve blouse and platform sneakers that mean business. Off-the-clock style has never looked so good.
6. Free People Back to the Pinafore ($128): Boho babes, proceed to swipe right for this effortless pinafore dress (how darling is that embroidered print?). The lightweight, gauzy material and flouncy hem practically call for a flower crown and Birks. Layer it over a t-shirt or keep things on the DL with a utility jacket and lace-up espadrilles.
7. Tortoise Pinafore Dress ($335): Get ready to slay hard (who moi? Yes, YOU.) with this paint-splattered pinafore dress that requires a distressed t-shirt, an off-duty army green parka, and combat boots.
8. Topshop Velvet Pinafore Dress ($75): You had us at crushed velvet pinafore dress that gives off a certain je ne sais quoi quality that all the French girls swear by. (We’re also partial to the scene-stealing lilac hue.) Besides a striped crop top and Ray-Bans, classic white tennies will have you channeling a festival-going look that doesn’t require an old tattered tee and mom shorts.
9. YSTR Anais Dress ($198): Allow this botanical overall dress — with kangaroo pockets, no less! — to serve as your cue to ditch the winter layers and embrace an island girl state of mind. Woven huaraches and a chic ascot scarf will have you soaking up all the rays down in the Colorado Desert.
10. K/Lab Pinafore Dress ($58): And you thought all denim pinafore dresses were grunge-chic at best. WRONG. This ladylike iteration calls for a Liberty print blouse and rainy-day Chelsea boots (with socks peeking out just a smidge). For festival flair, rely on mirrored sunnies and a Fjällräven backpack to carry your look home.
11. Boohoo Pandi Badge Pinafore Dress ($37): Because badges are fun… okay? Team this red pinafore dress featuring an exposed zipper alongside a white tee and Chuck Taylors for an #OOTD that’s ready to rage on. The DGAF ‘tude will almost certainly follow. Just no bad vibes — capiche?
12. BDG Bambi Skirtall Overall ($69): This just in: We’ve uncovered the quintessential black skirtall for mixing and matching with all your festival-going looks. You could wear it to the fairgrounds with a sporty logo-strewn sports bra or tap into your Scandinavian sensibilities with a lightweight striped turtleneck. Either way, Dr. Martens won’t be up for debate.
Will you be investing in a cool girl-approved overall dress for festival season? Follow us on Pinterest for more upcoming spring style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.