12 Fall Hair Trends That Should Be on Your Radar
You might not be headed back to school come August, but that doesn’t mean you can’t benefit from a little style lesson in what’s hot this fall. It’s that tricky transitional time of year again, when summer winds down and our schedules speed up. That’s why this autumn is all about low-key looks that’ll get you out the door and on the road so you can make it to work, school or wherever it is you need to be on time lookin’ like a boss. From five-minute buns to natural hair goals to fabric hair accessories, fall hair trends are looking chill AF. Scroll through some of our favorite Instagram snaps for major autumn hair inspo to try as soon as the temps start to drop.
1. UnintentionalOmbre: Don’t bother running to the salon to fix that grown-out dye job. Give yourself a natural ombre by letting your darker roots blend with your lighter summer color. It’ll give your hair the break it needs after months in the summer heat, countless chlorine exposures and the damage of dye chemicals. Trust us — your hair will thank you.
2. Headbands: Hair accessories have been a little MIA this season, but they’re making their official return come fall. Add a dash of color to your fall capsule with headbands in brightly hued patterns.
3. Knots: The runways have shown us that knots of all kinds will be in high demand this season. Lucky for you, that means you can keep wearing that messy-chic half-up top knot well into fall 2016. Lazy girls everywhere are celebrating.
4. Space Buns: This Miley Cyrus-approved style first stole our hearts in 2013, but it’s making a comeback with a bit of a twist: fringe. Create a faux-bang look with a deep side part by styling some hair across your forehead before forming your buns.
5. Side Buns: These loose, relaxed buns are quick and easy to style, but have the ability to class up any outfit. For days when you’re running short on time, pull your hair into a low chignon for an effortlessly gorgeous updo. We’re living for blogger Mary Lauren’s side bun.
6. Braided Updos: All you Pinterest addicts can rejoice, because braids are still going strong — fall 2016 is bringing us more intricate plaited styles. Ditch the side braid and try something with some extra detail like the ever-angelic halo braid.
7. Natural Curls and Waves: It’s no secret that natural hair is having a major moment. With the weather cooling down and humidity finally leaving us (can I get an amen?!), it’s the perfect time to wear wash-and-go styles again. Whether you’ve got bone-straight hair, ringlets for days or beachy waves, now is the time to let your natural texture do the talking.
8. Wigs: From Kylie Jenner to Rihanna, all of our favorite celebrities have been rocking wigs for ages. Now, our favorite bloggers and Instagrammers are catching onto the trend too. For the girls who feel like shaving their heads one day and growing their tresses out the next, wigs might be the perfect fall fix.
9. Protective Styling: Naturalistas can protect their hair from plummeting temperatures through protective styling. It also gives you the option to change up your look at the drop of a hat and helps promote hair growth. Can you say #winning? We love these loc braids for a potential cool-weather ‘do.
10. Messy Buns: We don’t need another reason to wear a messy bun. Along with knots, the messier the better is the rule when it comes to this chilled-out autumn style.
11. Hair Jewelry: Actress Shay Mitchell was spotted wearing some BA hair rings on the red carpet, and now we can’t get enough. Another excuse to accessorize? We’ll take it.
12. Middle Parts: We used to despise the middle part in school (maybe that was just us…), but luckily we’ve outgrown our awkwardness and gotten hip to the trend. Back then, we couldn’t appreciate how well this style frames the face. But now we’re ready to rock the middle part like Cara Delevingne. Are you?
Follow us on Pinterest for more hair styling ideas!