26 On-Trend Scarves to Keep You Cozy This Fall
The scarf is the undisputed hero piece come fall, keeping us both stylish and warm all season long. And finally, designers started giving the essential accessory the attention it deserves, featuring them in a big way in their Fall/Winter 2015 shows. From oversized styles to sleek skinny numbers with ’70s flair, the scarf dominated the runway from New York to Paris. We have to admit, we’re pretty pumped, since we’re wrapped up in these babies all year long (summer included) and more attention means there are oh-so-many sartorial possibilities in store. Here, we’ve rounded up some of autumn’s hottest scarfs, so you can bundle up in style all season long.
1. Silence + Noise Icelandic Rib Scarf ($44): Big, bold and bright, this chunky knit will banish those cool weather blues STAT.
2. ASOS Extra Oversized Blanket Scarf In 70s Patchwork ($63): Put the finishing touch on a chic ’70s getup with a period-inspired piece that packs plenty of possibilities. When you want to mix it up, rock it cape-style with a sleek gold cincher.
4. Indress Red Niagra Scarf ($230): Warm, comfy and bright, this mohair knit will quickly become a fave.
5. Zara Fringed Scarf ($70): There’s nothing quite like a style staple that can do a little double duty, which is why we’re obsessing over this reversible scarf. Wear it velvet side up to channel some major boho vibes or show off that pretty pink floral print for days when you need a little extra pep in your step.
7. Bickley & Mitchell x Free People Wonderland Wrap Scarf ($68): Like a big teddy bear, this snuggly scarf will make even the most unpleasant days feel so much better.
8. Topshop Colour-Block Faux Fur Stole ($60): Statement scarf? We’ll take 10. This bright, sassy number will instantly add major glam factor to everything from a simple knit dress to your favorite pair of jeans.
Faux Fur Scarves
faux fur stole in a snowy white hue. Paired with a leather topper, it’s totally unexpected.
10. Shrimps Moss Scarf ($295): With a standout scarf like this, a long fall and winter season is starting to look okay.
11. Nasty Gal Bria Jersey Skinny Scarf ($18): Whether you want to add a little throwback style to an everyday ensemble or inject a feminine edge into anything from flirty boho dresses to tailored separates, this versatile skinny scarf is the only accessory you need.
12. Topshop Snake Print Skinny Scarf ($30): Embrace your wild side with a bright snake print scarf that’s ready to bring a little rocker-chic style to any outfit.
13. Chan Luu Fleetwood Chain Skinny Scarf ($68): We’re thinking Stevie Nicks would love this flirty floral style. The trend-right trimming strikes a balance between flirty, feminine and boho elegance (with a little edge, of course).
14. New Look Tan Tile Print Skinny Scarf ($6): A classic shade of beige makes this number the ultimate accompaniment to almost everything in your closet.
15. Urban Outfitters Silky Square Scarf ($14): A new take on tartan, this silk scarf combines cool fall pastels and more traditional shades into one style that’ll jazz up everything from structured blouses to an of-the-moment bucket bag.
16. Anthropologie Scavengers Silk Square Scarf ($165): We’re all about these bright, eye-catching colors, but it’s the funky print that really caught our attention.
17. The Kooples Printed Silk Scarf ($185): A moody green hue acts just like a neutral, making this printed style a shoo-in this season.
18. ASOS Oversized Scarf in Burgundy Leopard Print ($25): Layer this over a playful mini dress and flowy top for a look that’s both sweet and sassy.
Bold Printed Scarves
19. Zara Soft Checked Scarf ($26): Fall without a little tartan or plaid is more or less like summer without sunshine. Moral of the story? Make sure one of the pieces is in your rotation this season.
20. A Peace Treaty Tala Scarf ($198): Graphic and geometric prints offer a fun, funky way to shake up even the most basic of pieces.
21. J. Crew Yard-Dyed Vertical-Striped Scarf ($55): Make any outfit pop (while staying warm in the process) with a vibrant purple stunner with preppy stripes.
22. Zara Floral Patchwork Scarf ($23): Fall florals get an abstract upgrade for fall with color block panels in seasonally inspired hues. We’ll be wearing this one with everything from oversized knits to ’70s-inspired suede jumpers.
23. Forage Woodland Wrap Bandana ($38): We don’t know about you, but we like our outdoorsy ensembles with a little polished finish, and that’s where a chambray bandana comes in. Toss this on before hitting the trails and then bask in its endless opportunities. Pull back your hair, add an extra layer of warmth or use it to simply look fly.
24. Nasty Gal Andie Bandana ($5): No matter what your sartorial sensibilities, a classic bandana is a must.
25. Zara Basic Knit Snood ($13): The ultimate one-and-done style, a snood is your best friend on those I-just-can’t-even kind of mornings when it’s colder than a you-know-what.
26. & Other Stories Tube Zip Scarf ($65): This tube scarf takes things to the next level with a sleek zip front that makes mixing things up incredibly effortless.