7 #OOTDs for the Week: How to Wear Fall’s Top Trends
By now you’ve probably started scoping out all those new covetable pieces popping up in your favorite stores and compiling a must-have list for fall (ours is LONG). And while we trust you’ve got some serious style cred of your own, a little outfit inspo certainly never hurts. If anything, it will keep you that much more on top of your sartorial game. From over-the-top scarves to cropped denim, here’s how to rock our fave new seasonal pieces.
1. @majawyh: Forget bags, boots and baubles. Scarves are one of this season’s must-have pieces. And not just any old one will do. Oversized, faux fur and skinny styles are oh-so in. Dress up a standard denim and t-shirt combo or a casual midi with a fiery statement stole. (via @majawyh)
2. @nicolettemason: If you’re anything like us, you’ve been showing some major love to suede skirts all summer long. Instead of tucking them away post-Labor Day, transition the ’70s staple piece to the new season with long-sleeve chambray tops, chunky knits or cozy turtlenecks. As far as steppers go, we’re loving chunky ankle boots or flirty ankle-strap pumps. (via @nicolettemason)
3. @asos_alice: While we won’t be parting with our skinny jeans anytime soon (we don’t care what anyone has to say!), high-waisted cutoffs, boyfriend and culotte silhouettes will definitely be regulars in our wardrobe rotations. Ease into fall with a lightweight duster and flatform loafer sandals, then go all out later in the season with an oversized wool coat and killer booties. (via @asos_alice)
4. @jessankirby: ’60s and ’70s style is still going strong in the new season, and a suede mini dress will help you nail both decades. Layer it over an airy bow-neck blouse, sheers and chunky Mary Janes for a flirty, feminine look. Or, for a bit of edge, try spiked boots, a black turtleneck and longline coat. (via @jessannkirby)
5. @happilygrey: Fall florals + flowy, bohemian pieces are a sartorial home run this season. But to get the most out of this fall frock, plan to pair it in unexpected ways. Do what Mary Seng does and toss it on over basics and a sassy lace-up boot. Genius. (via @happilygrey)
6. @ericalave: Lace-up anything and wool or felt hats seriously deserve a spot on your autumn style list. The tie-front numbers will make some major throwback waves when combined with flares, while a warm-weather topper adds a little je ne sais quoi to almost any ensemble. That means you get big bank for your buck. (via @ericalave)
7. @asos_megan: The undisputed must-have accessory this fall is the skinny scarf. While it can channel mid-century vibes like no other, especially when styled with a slightly undone top, we love the way it ups the feminine feel of ruffled, lace or boho dresses. (via @asos_megan)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.