Straw bags and canvas totes have been our standard sacs all summer long, but with the change of the season, we’re ready to switch things up. Moody hues are an autumnal must, but there are plenty of bright colors to be had this fall, making the transition from carefree sunny days a whole lot easier. From boxy bags to fringe-flecked totes and eye-catching clutches, these 19 colorful handbags will leave you feeling a little more than ready to jump into fall.
1. Topshop Faux SnakeBox Bag ($58): Snake prints and boxy silhouettes are two of fall’s biggest trends. Combined into one super chic piece, you’ve got what we like to call a sartorial home run.
2. ASOS Stripe and Fur Cross-Body Bag ($63): Faux fur is so now. Wear yours pastel-style and layered atop a structured cross-body bag for a fun and totally unexpected finishing touch.
3. Esin Akan City Clutch ($289): Oversized handles were all the rage on the fall runways, and this bold burnt orange clutch totally nails it. The statement-making number also wins major points for its versatility, doubling as a cross-body bag.
4. J.Crew Bennett Cross Body ($138): Keep the summer spirit alive with a fold-over bag in a cheerful shade of mint green. The two-in-one style means more bang for your buck, which is something we can always get behind.
5. Silence + Noise Structured Moon Cross-Body Bag ($54): Modern, minimalist and totally vegan, this saddle-inspired sac proves that sometimes less really is more.
6. Delfonics Quitterie Pouch ($22): Besides providing a pretty place to stash all those little everyday essentials (like a fabulous red lipstick, and maybe even a snack or two), this luminous yellow pouch is like carrying around your own bit of sunshine.
7. Silence + Noise Simple Bucket Bag ($59): Bucket bags have made a major comeback (we’re looking at you, Mansur Gavriel). We’re all about giving our go-to companion an upgrade with this cool shade of blue-green.
8. Emperia Fringe Faux Leather ($54): Don’t retire that fringe just yet. The love affair with the ’70s is carrying over to fall, which means that festival-inspired accessories aren’t going anywhere. This all-purpose tote feels fun and fresh, putting a modern twist on a classic throwback style.
9. Zara Suede Messenger Bag ($100): Suede was all the rage for spring and summer, and fall won’t be any different. We’ve got our eye on a few accessories in the soft, supple material, with this jewel tone messenger right up there on our must-have list.
10. & Other Stories Buckle Detail Leather Tote ($245): Every once in awhile, you come across an amazing tote that you know will stand the test of time. Well, dear reader — this is it. If the simplicity and sophistication aren’t enough, the subtle buckle detail adds a hint of on-trend appeal.
11. Charles & Keith Structured Handbag ($86): For work or play, you can’t go wrong with a structured satchel. Throw in clean lines and a shade of brilliant blue, and you’ve got yourself a winner.
11. Ivanka Trump Mini Briarcliff Leather Crossbody Bag ($90): Braided accents and funky yellow leather give this pint-sized camera bag a touch of ’70s flair. Take this along on all your off-duty exploits and know it’ll pair perfectly with a keen sense of adventure.
12. Urban Outfitters Reversible Vegan Leather Tote ($59): This versatile tote was made with the indecisive (and incredibly stylish) in mind. Wear it blush side out Monday, then mix it up on Tuesday, showing off the classic taupe interior.
13. Brahmin Harrison Hobo Bag ($295): Combining the capacity of tote and the effortless style of a hobo, this slouchy number is guaranteed to become a fast fave.
14. Baggu Cross Body Purse ($120): A soft shade of pink feels refreshing in a sea of fiery red, bold burgundy and punchy persimmon, shades that dominate all season long. This no-frills style is great for off-duty, when you only want to tote around the bare necessities.
15. Campos Zari Tote ($238): Shine bright, even when the clouds are hovering overhead with a glam gilded tote. The unexpected silhouette lends modern appeal, while the compact size makes it ideal for days when you just need to lighten your load.
16. Kimchi Blue Clean Colorblock Backpack ($54): Back-to-school might be a thing of that past, but you can still get in on some of the excitement. A bright color block backpack offers a super chic twist on the student essential and provides ample space for all your office essentials.
17. Hobo Meadow Cross Body Bag ($95): Fringe is a trend that tends to ebb and flow in the fashion world (outside of festival season, that is), but in 2015, it’s the all-around embellishment du jour. See Exhibit A: this red hot sac. We think it’s safe to say it’ll be hanging around a little while more.
18. Clare Vivier Supreme Striped Fold-Over Clutch Bag ($238): Embrace fall’s favored neutral with a supremely striped fawn-colored clutch. Unfussy and effortless, it’s the ideal complement to any ensemble.
19. Nasty Gal Corey Bucket Bag ($48): If you’re flip-flopping between a bucket or backpack this season, we’ve got the perfect solution: this two-in-one stunner. Boasting purple vegan leather and a cool croc design, you’ll be packing plenty of style no matter how you wear it.
What will you be swapping out this fall? Tell us in the comments!