Fall Style Prep: Colorful Coats & Bright Tights
We know, we know. It's July, and it's way too early to be thinking about fall. We're just getting used to bare legs and barbecues! But listen up, the early bird gets the worm and in this case, the early bird gets access to next season's boldest and brightest threads, all thanks to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Besides, all you need to bring your summer style into fall is a colorful coat, bright pair of tights, and the right attitude. ;)
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale lets fashionistas in the know take advantage of pre-season savings that are pretty tough to beat. The sale runs through August 6th and serves up the best of what's to come in Fall 2012. That's right. It's next season's fashion… now! Remember what we told you about that early bird?
1. Kenneth Cole Notch Collar Boucle Coat ($130): We love the simplicity of the single button on this pumpkin-colored coat.
2. Helene Berman Collarless Topper ($186): This one is perfect for donning all those silk scarves and statement necklaces.
3. Via Spiga Ombre Plaid Cape ($120): Like we could resist a dose of ombre! Though this lacks color, we love the plaid gradient effect.
4. Michael Kors Toggle Poncho ($93): This subtly color-blocked poncho exudes cozy chic. Great for a September walk in the park.
5. Kenneth Cole Single Breasted Walker ($120): The silhouette of this coat is super feminine without bring too frilly. We love the oversized collar and waist seams.
6. Ted Baker Wrap Coat ($280): Wrap it up! This dramatic wing collar paired with flirty belting creates a totally glam look.
7. Max Mara Double Breasted Wool ($465): Muted yellow meets dark metal in this military-inspired number. Casual enough to wear every day and formal enough to act as your layer at a cocktail party.
8. Calvin Klein High Double Breasted Peacoat ($140): We never thought a peacoat could be playful, until seeing this one by Calvin Klein. Love the Kelly Green!
9. Andrew Marc Double Breasted Asymmetrical Coat ($460): A bit of subtle asymmetry? Why yes. This jewel-toned walking coat is the perfect way to take our summer style swoon look comfortably into fall.
10. Betsey Johnson Bell Sleeve ($100): The bell shape, circular pockets, and cropped sleeves give this Betsey Johnson beauty a definite '60s mod look. We love it.
1. Blue Ocean Opaque Tights ($7): The deep teal of these darlings is a great way to ease your summer brights into bold fall hues.
2. Pink Rose Opaque Tights ($7): Your legs will be pretty in pink in this pair of opaque tights.
3. Graphic Dot ($10): If you’re looking for a slower transition into fall, go for a pair of patterned pantyhose.
5. Deep Gold Denim Leggings ($26): Or should we say, jeggings?!
6. Spanx Tight End in Cayenne ($18): Kind of in love with the fact that Spanx has a line of hosiery called “Tight End” and really love that they’re branching out in terms of fun colors, patterns, and textures.
8. Purple Rosea Ribbed Tights ($10): A super fun complement to a little black dress for a date night, cocktail party, or regular day at the office.
9. Purple Knit Knee Socks ($7): Sure, these aren’t exactly tights but they are just the thing for channeling back to school style in early September.
10. Blue Striped Knit Knee Socks ($7): And finally, a striped pair of knee highs! Great over another pair of tights or on their own with a pair of heeled ankle booties.
How do you prep your closet for the briskness of fall? Are you loving next season’s bright colors and rich hues? Let us know your style thoughts in the comments below, or find us on Twitter.
This post is brought to you by Nordstrom.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.