18 Ways to Bring the Farm to Your Wedding Table
The farm offers endless DIY wedding ideas: From the colors of produce to the beautiful surrounding nature, it’s hard *not* to imagine bringing natural elements into your big day. An easy way to incorporate the farm-to-table theme is by bringing fruits and veggies straight from the farm straight to your wedding table — and we’re not just talking about the food! We’re showing you how to bring a down-home, organic feel to your big day by using long, reclaimed wood tables and unexpected pops of color with the freshest of produce. Your guests will be helping themselves to your decor all night long ;)
2. Skip The Checkout Line: Bring the market to your guests with a crate wall filled with produce and bright blooms. (Event Designer: Amorology; Rentals: Archive Rentals; Photographer: Fonyat Photography)
4. Splash of Citrus: Take the citrus color scheme to the next level with organic citrus on your reception tables. (Photographer: Brian Tropiano Photography)
5. Homegrown: Reclaimed wood tables bring a down-home feel to your wedding day. (Event Designer: Bridal Bliss; Photographer: Chugach Peaks Photography) 6. Fresh Fare: Utilizing fruits and vegetables that are in their peak season will result in an even more delectable menu. (Event Designer: All You Need Is Love Events; Photographer: Adrienne Gunde Photography)
8. Berry Delicious: Oversized bowls of freshly picked berries are the perfect snack for guests to help themselves to throughout the night. (Photographer: Emilie Inc.)
9. An Apple A Day: Bright Granny Smiths add a pop of color to table settings (and are the perfect snack for a hungry guest!) (Event Designer: First Pick Planning; Photographer: Michelle Lacson Photography)
14. Cocktail Cart: Set up a portable cocktail cart for guests to make their own drinks and leave out fresh fruits and veggies for garnish. (Wedding Planner: LVL Weddings & Events; Photographer: Melissa Jill Photography)
15. Dig in: Invite guests to join you at your wedding table with a linen napkin save the date. (Photographer: Megan Clouse Photography)
16. Wrapped in Radish: Tie in fruits or veggies for a fun napkin garnish. (Photographer: Molly & Co.)
17. Just Peachy: Fresh fruit is the perfect addition to any spring wedding and cans also serve as a mid-wedding snack for guests. (Event Designer: TOAST Santa Barbara; Photographer: Beaux Arts Photographie)
18. Branches Over Bouquets: Swap out the florals for branches of leaves that will leave an impression. (Dress Designer: Love and Lace Bridal Salon; Photographer: This Modern Romance; Floral Designer: Peony and Plum)
What farm-to-table wedding elements are your favorite? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)