Your Top 10 Favorite Makers, Chefs, and DIYers
Last week, we asked all of you to share your favorite makers, chefs, and DIY bloggers. As it turns out, our suspicions were true. You guys definitely know who to follow on the web, and you’ve given us a whole bunch of new creative makers to check out! Honestly, it was tough to choose just 10 from your list, but here we go.
1. Swell Mayde: SwellMayde is a place for people to embrace their creativity. It was created by Aimee, a working designer in Los Angeles, as a home for her own DIY projects with easy to follow steps, fashion tips, and fun.
2. A Pair & A Spare: Created by DIY fashionista Geneva, A Pair & A Spare is a place for her to share how-tos for all aspects of life, be it DIY fashion, lifestyle and home projects, or traveling the globe. What started as a love of cutting up an old tee or reworking a pair of trousers into shorts has turn into an all consuming passion and career. So awesome!
4. Stripes & Sequins: A fashion and DIY blog for the sparkle obsessed? Yes please! The creative outlet of Grace Atwood, Stripes & Sequins explores the worlds of fashion, beauty, do-it-yourself, travel, and lifestyle. Her weekly runway-inspired DIY projects are wildly popular.
6. Elise Blaha: This blog is a personal and craft blog by Elise Blaha Cripe and includes general life musings, occasional craft projects, and lots of DIY home decor. We’re digging her mix of personal stories and informative projects, and relate to making similar things in our own homes.
8. Shutterbean: Created by Tracy Benjamin, a working mom/wife/photographer based in SF, Shutterbean is a space for celebrating photography and domestic arts. Each week, Tracy features a few new recipes, snippets of her everyday life, and tips and tricks for keeping things creative around the home.
9. Once Upon A Chef: This totally approachable food blog is the recipe box of Jennifer, a graduate of L’Academie de Cuisine and former chef who starting this blog shortly after her youngest child started school. The recipes are simple but gourmet, and feature a mix of family-friendly food and elegant adult fare.
10. Best Friends for Frosting: Founded by Melissa Johnson, this blog started out as a website about all things dessert and has now expanded to being a daily inspiration guide for stylish and creative living. It’s all about treating every day as a day to celebrate, with creativity abound! They’ve got a stellar team of contributors and great archive of projects.