It’s 2018, ladies, and this year your sweaters, dresses, and shoes should be fluttering with this season’s most playful embellishment: feathers. With gorgeous details like marabou pom-poms and ostrich trim showing up everywhere, it’s never been easier to make a bold, feminine statement with a little plumage. Perfect for nights out or cold-weather getaways, this trend is sure to make you feel proud as a peacock.
1. Frances Valentine Mini Ann Bucket Bag ($295): This marabou feather bucket bag with satin-wrapped handles is just the splash of color needed to brighten up winter’s gray days.
2. BaubleBar Mottled Feather Earrings ($38): At .14 of an ounce, these earrings are quite literally light as a feather. Nothing could be a better fit for your favorite off-the-shoulder tops.
3. J.Crew Crewneck Sweater With Feather Sleeves ($148): This gray crewneck sweater is anything but basic thanks to its feathery detailed sleeves. Take it up another notch by pairing it with silver pajama-style pants.
4. Zara Checked Dress With Feather Trim ($36): At first glance, this checked above-the-knee dress seems ideal for the office. Don’t be fooled; the feather flounce at the hem makes this the go-to dress for everything that happens after business hours.
5. Trina Turk Midnight Studio Ostrich Feather Pendant ($98): Add a touch of whimsy to both your nine-to-five and after-hours outfits with this ostrich feathered pendant.
6. Sam Edelman Haide Pumps ($140): This leopard-print pump with a burst of cherry red plumage screams Hollywood glamour. Wear them with your favorite LBD to channel classic movie star vibes.
7. Jocelyn Feather Bolero ($395): If you think a full jacket of feathers is for the birds, it’s because you haven’t yet seen this beauty from Jocelyn. The cropped style is the cool girl’s alternative to a cardigan. And it looks just as fantastic with leather jeans and a concert tee as it does thrown over a slip dress.
8. Joie Mani Slides ($248): This feathery slide is the modern take on vintage fur-trimmed high heels. Reach for these flats on nights (and days) when you don’t want to sacrifice style for comfort.
9. Tory Burch Feather Drop Earrings ($178): Of course Tory Burch would make the season’s most sophisticated feather accessory. These vintage-inspired drop earrings also come in blue.
10. Echo Feather Pom Hat ($59): Feather in your cap? How about feather on your cap? This eye-catching beanie is trimmed with marabou and will be the winter hat upgrade you didn’t know you needed.
11. Steve Madden BNOEL Crossbody Bag ($68): This marabou crossbody bag is both sweet and sophisticated. Go full-on femme by pairing it with this season’s ubiquitous ruffles, or soften up a head-to-toe black outfit with this pouf of pink feathers.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.