The incredibly dry, hotter than hot climate of festivals, like Coachella, call for long-lasting, low-maintenance beauty products. Think: dry shampoos, double-duty SPF foundations, and earth-toned makeup that will still make you stand out, even when you’re blending in with the background landscape.
1. Yes to Coconut Oil Stick ($9): The desert is dry AF, but no one likes flaky lizard-like skin when they’re trying to look cute for photo opps. Luckily this moisturizing coconut oil (that comes in a no-mess stick!) melts into the skin for an added boost of hydration.
2. Rit Sun Guard Laundry Treatment UV Protectant ($30): Before you head out to the campgrounds or spend the day outside, wash your clothes with this laundry aid, which helps block more than 96 percent of the sun’s harmful rays. Because no one wants to come back from festival fun lookin’ like a lobster.
3. Loli Plum Elixir ($78): Stock up on oils to impart some life back into thirsty skin, hair, and nails. Loli’s oil is freshly cold pressed in the south of France and features antioxidant-rich plum seed oil.
4. Dermalogica Calm Water Gel ($48): If you’re red, irritated, or dehydrated this aloe vera and hyaluronic acid moisturizer will patch you up right away, thanks to its secret ingredient, cactus pear extract, which helps restore balance.
5. Flora 1761 Desert Brush ($16): A vegan polish in the perfect sandy shade is a must for your Palm Springs bound hands.
6. AOA Crystal Powder 12pc Set ($10): Let’s face it…half the fun of festival life is seeing who can outdo whom with their beauty looks. We have a feeling you’ll be in the running for WINNER with these highly pigmented loose glitters you can use on your face, skin, and hair.
7. Dior 5 Coulers Cool Wave in Heat Up ($63): When you want to blend in, sweep these warm Indian summer shades across your lids for the perfect sun-kissed effect that’s practically begging to be ‘grammed.
8. Glam Glow #Multimasking Mask Treatment Set ($39): Just because you’re partying 24/7, doesn’t mean you don’t have time to mask. In fact, your parched visage needs one now more than ever. These tubes are travel-friendly, so you can mix and mask on the go.
9. Marc Anthony True Professional Grow Long Dry Shampoo Foam ($9): If dry shampoo isn’t number one on your beauty packing list, are you even going to a festival? Revive second (or third) day strands with Marc Anthony’s new fast-drying foam that zaps excess grease and odors while adding extra volume and shine.
10. Sweatwellth Try Me Kit ($38.50): No water? No problem with this TSA approved five-piece set that contains Power Shower to blast away dirt from lying in the grass too long, Lip Quench to prime your pucker for spontaneous make-out sessions, No Sweat to provide added moisture, Friction Free to avoid chafing, and Hydra Drench to help you cool off.
11. Wet n Wild MegaCushion Foundation SPF 15 ($9): Dance parties obviously make you work up a sweat, and with sweating often comes runny makeup. Stash this liquid foundation in an easy-to-apply cushion compact (with SPF!) in your bag for on-the-go touchups between sets.
12. Restore Healing Balm ($30): Think of Restore as your all-in-one healer for any issue that could arise during a three-day outdoor concert, like: razor burn, sunburn, chapped lips, blisters, bug bites, minor cuts and scrapes, and roughed-up cuticles. Or, use the glycerin castor seed oil blend to prime eyelids and tame flyaways. Either way, you’ll be pumped to have it.
13. Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Illuminating Powder Gelée ($47): Sexy, shimmery skin right this way. Not only will this all-over bronzer give you the soft sheen we all need after a never-ending winter, but it smells amazing too.
14. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydra-Gel Eye Patches ($48): When coffee just isn’t cutting it, cooling eye gel pads help with the dark circles and puffy bags.
15. Mizani 25 Miracle Milk Leave-In Treatment ($20): Soothe and nourish your strands with this multi-tasking spray that detangles, enhances texture, and protects again UV and heat damage.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.