We’re guessing your weekend was filled with *a lot* of screen time. Between the release of Jurassic World, watching ALL of OITNB season three and some Women’s World Cup action, your Friday evening through Sunday night probably flew by without even seeing the sun for a minute of it. To power through the five days ahead (of dread?) we’ve got commute buddies for you. From two new books and a mood board app to a playfully insightful video and a podcast about living in the digital generation, your home-to-office trek will be a total delight.
1. Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E L James (Available on Amazon, Books-A-Million, Barnes + Noble + iBooks): Since three books isn’t enough for Fifty Shades fans, E L James is springing a spin-off on everyone to hold them over until the second film debuts in February 2017. Told through the eyes of Christian, the love story gets a new perspective from Anastasia Steele’s suitor. Expect plenty of sexy wordplay that may be a little too hot for your transit ride.
2. Pegg (Free on iOS): Get or give some mobile inspo early in the AM with this creative app. Create curated mood boards filled with photos, videos, doodles and more on topics you love. Then follow other people’s boards to bring even more inspo to the office before heading through the door. After a few minutes with this app, you’ll no doubt be filled with plenty of clever thoughts for every team meeting this week.
3. A Hot Glue Gun Mess: Funny Stories, Pretty DIY Projects by Kate Albrecht (Available on Amazon, Books-A-Million, Barnes + Noble, iBooks + IndieBound): The lifestyle + DIY blogger/YouTuber — better known as Mr. Kate — just released a visual tome packed with plenty of opportunites for making. Make sure to bookmark the style, home design and beauty projects to recreate when you get home and read the stories and anecdotes from her interestingly unique life that are wedged in between ’em in the meantime. With creative step-by-steps like upcycling jeans, watercoloring curtains and more, this inspiringly funny gal is the definition of a modern day homemaker. <3
4. “What Does Your Pee Say About You?”: Always curious as to what exactly the color of your pee means? Now you can get all of those questions answered through this quick biology lesson while en route to the office. You’ll be fully schooled on a subject many are curious about before you hit the cubicles. Guess we know what today’s topic at the watercooler will be ;)
5. Note to Self (Available on iTunes, PlayerFM + Stitcher): Listen in to Manoush Zomorodi’s weekly podcast as she chats with techies, school teachers and everyone in between about how all things digital affect our lives. By diving into topics like reading on a digital screen, teenage smartphone use and more, she helps uncover ways to make smarter choices when using our digital devices to make us think and live better lives in the process. Give Manoush a big thank you for her sage advice, y’all (and then put down that phone for a while ;)
How are you making it through your commute this week? Let us know in the comments.