Step aside, subway tile — there’s a new It-girl hitting up backsplashes and bathrooms, and it looks a lot like something Ariel would approve of. Fish scale tile is trending hard, and like everything else mermaid-inspired (have you seenthis pasta??), it’s a completely awesome look for any bathroom or kitchen. Whether you dream of updating your home with a colorful kitchen backsplash or a more subtle gray and marble bathroom, these tiles come in a variety of colors and sizes. Pair pastel tiles with gold cabinetry for a glam look, or go more modern with a mix of bright coral tiles in a luxe marble shower. The options are endless. If you’re in the mood to finally live under the sea and add some personality to your tiled rooms, here are 12 stunning spaces to show you the way to do it with fish scale tile.
1. Tropical Blue Backsplash: Give your bathroom even more cool factor with a patterned tile wall. A tropical color palette of blues and greens goes great with a darker wood cabinet and contemporary fixtures. (via Camilla Molders Design)
2. Pastel Scallops: The simplest color palettes are often the most striking. Here, pastel blue tiles create a stunning visual effect in this small bathroom, while gold fixtures and hardware keep the look fresh and feminine. (via Elle Decor)
3. Deepest Green: A modern kitchen gets a wave of color with this dark emerald green backsplash. Part jungle, part mermaid, these darker fish scales are both clean and slightly edgy, offering a great backdrop for all your Instgrammable morning smoothies. (via Homes to Love)
4. Shades of Turquoise: Make waves with this bold green and blue color palette. Channel nature and let the soothing calm of ocean blues be your inspo with an entire wall of fish scale tiles behind the vanity. (via Homepolish)
6. Bathroom Wall Glam: Who says a backsplash can’t take up an entire wall? If you’re looking for a way to really make a statement in your bathroom, a floor-to-ceiling fish scale tile pattern can make any space look and feel unique. (via Inside Out)
7. Contemporary Chic: You’ll never go back to square floor tiles after seeing this monochromatic beauty. The large gray tiles and white grout have a modern feel that gives the space beautiful curves. So gorg with the black hardware and white cabinetry. (via Emily Henderson)
8. Gray Green Kitchen: Pair pastel tiles with gray cabinets for a fresh and elegant kitchen backsplash. Scalloped tiles are a great alternative to more traditional tile patterns and the rounded pattern like this one can really add some personality to a kitchen. (via House Beautiful)
9. Vibrant Green: Balance out an extremely bold fish scale tile wall with smaller, square tiles on the floor. Green might not be the most flattering hue on your face in the morning, so maybe only tackle this emerald shade if you have plenty of natural light or a few well-placed pendants. (via Domino)
10. Subtle Luxe: Larger white tiles go swimmingly with light gray kitchen cabinetry. Very simple cabinet fronts and light wood floors create a neutral backdrop for plants and perfectly curated cheese trays. So crisp and clean, this kitchen feels like a day at the beach. (via Digsdigs)
11. Emerald Green: You’ll feel like you’re on vacation every day with a bathroom decked out in these lush green tiles. Dark fish scale tiles with white grout give this bath a polished feel. Paired with a marble shower curtain and gold hardware? Perfection. (via H&M)
12. Bold Coral: Ooh la la — who said mermaids only come in shades of green and blue? The high-gloss pink-orange and salmon fish scale tiles contrast with the marble tub in a totally good way. You’re guaranteed to come out with a smile after taking a bath in this showstopper. (via Briony Fitzgerald Design)
Looking for more creative ways to add more style to your home? Check us out on Pinterest for more decor inspo!