We’re back at it again with our food hybrids, and this time, we created a treat to serve at your Ariel-approved 30th birthday party. This pasta dish includes wine, fun colors and garlic bread — pretty much the answer to all of my dinner wants and needs :) Alternatively, leave out the wine and serve this dish for your little one’s birthday party. The kiddos will love pasta that is fit for a mermaid.
— Parmesan cheese
— sliced bread
— food coloring: teal, pink, purple
— edible glitter
— seashell cookie cutters
1. Mix equal parts wine and water and bring to a boil. Cook 1/3 package of spaghetti, then drain and set aside.
2. Cook 1/3 spaghetti in pink water and the last third of the spaghetti in teal or purple water.
3. Cut out seashell shapes from sliced bread and cover with garlic and butter.
4. Place in a 425-degree Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.
5. Mix all the colors of pasta together and top with Parmesan cheese and edible glitter.
We followed Francesca’s tutorial on how to make wine pasta. Mix equal parts wine and water together to cook 1/3 of the package of spaghetti.
Clean your pot and then make 1/3 of the pasta in teal water and the last third in pink water.
Check out these colors! Any mermaid would be proud.
Pair your mermaid spaghetti with seashell garlic bread. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes from sliced bread.
Mince garlic and stir into room temperature butter. Spread onto the seashells and place in a 425-degree oven for 10 minutes.
Top with Parmesan cheese, edible glitter and a few seashells.
“Look at this stuff… Isn’t it neat!”
Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!
DIY Production and Styling: Kelly Bryden
Photography: Brittany Griffin
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.