11 Fitness Essentials You Can Get from Walmart for Under $30
One of the hardest parts of motivating ourselves to go to the gym is the fear of being unprepared. Whatever gets you to move — whether it’s those pink ankle weights you’ve been eyeing or a good pair of shoes to rack up miles on the treadmill — here are 11 fitness essentials that won’t cost more than your monthly gym membership.
1. BalanceFrom Fully Adjustable Ankle Weights ($9+): Pink and only one pound each, these ankle weights won’t break the bank or your muscles. With just a little added resistance, you’ll slowly but surely feel the difference in your workout.
2. Hanes Women’s Performance Quarter Zip Jacket ($22): Cute workout clothes will motivate you up and out of bed any day, and the comfort of this stretchy top with thumb holes will keep you wearing it in and out of the gym.
3. Bally Total Fitness Women’s Active Mid Calf Capri Legging ($17): While picking up a cute new top, you might as well grab new bottoms while you’re at it. Try out these Capri leggings that have a pocket for your phone, so you no longer have to tuck it into your waistband.
4. 321 Strong Medium Density Massaging Foam Roller ($22): When being sore for two to three days after an intense workout is keeping you away from the gym, a foam roller might be what your body is aching for. Get a good roll in for all your tired muscles after leg day to motivate yourself through the rest of the week.
5. 100 Degrees Women’s Cut Out Maillot One-Piece Swimsuit ($30): If you haven’t already started swimming laps, there’s no better time than the present. This one-piece can also double as a bodysuit under your leggings for pre-pool workouts.
6. ONN Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone ($10): Don’t worry about forgetting your headphones in your purse at the office or in the car; these inexpensive Bluetooth headphones are perfect for keeping in your gym bag. Just make sure you charge them between uses.
7. Secret Body Cleansing Wipes ($5 for a pack of 15): For those days when you want to squeeze in a quick class during your lunch break but don’t have time to hop in the shower, keep these wipes handy for a quick refresh before heading into that afternoon meeting.
9. Bally Total Fitness Women’s Active Nicole Seamless Sports Bra ($15): A comfortable sports bra will change the game of your workout, and a good black one will go with all your leggings. Win-win.
10. Brita 26 Ounce Premium Filtering Water Bottle with Filter ($25): For the days you just don’t trust the water fountain at the gym, make sure your water bottle its own filter.
11. Avia Women’s Elevate Athletic Shoe ($18): Get a pair of gym shoes that are just as comfortable as they are good for your wallet.
>Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.