You Won’t Believe This Flight Attendant’s 17-Step Skincare Routine
There’s always a bit of curiosity and, honestly, a bit of secrecy around the products and routines people use to keep their skin healthy from the inside out. What’s even more intriguing is when you can get a peek into the skincare secrets of industry experts. This series will lift the veil on the products, tips and hacks behind people who are majorly *skinspirational*.
I don’t know about you, but whenever I’m on a flight, I always wonder how the flight attendants manage to look SO pulled together no matter what time of day (or night) it is. Every time I fly, I am consumed with worry over what terrible things are happening to my skin (despite the legit in-flight makeup routine I bust out) — I swear, I always have to deal with post-flight skin issues. Being 10,000+ feet up in the air can definitely eff with your face, so I chatted with flight attendant Chelsea Sangyi Nam about how she keeps her skin so on point with her next-level lifestyle.
WHAT IS A FLIGHT ATTENDANT’S SKINCARE ROUTINE?
1. Cold Water Splash: “I always start each morning by refreshing my skin with cold water.”
2. Pore-Tightening Toner: “After I splash my face, I use Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner ($6).”
3. Calming Cream: “I came back from Korea recently and was suffering from breakouts. I went to see an esthetician and she recommended dermalogica Gentle Soothing Booster ($50). It worked like magic! I stopped using it when I returned to Korea, then I broke out again — so I started using it when I got back to the states and my breakouts were gone.”
4. EGF Serum: “EGF stands for epidermal growth factor, which basically means that it speeds up cell turnover in your skin. I found Secret Beauty Club Secret EGF Serum ($25) when I was researching products to erase acne scars. The results are remarkable. The first time I used it, I woke up with a healthy glow and brighter overall skin tone.”
5. Daytime Moisturizer: “I love AHAVA Essential Day Moisturizer for Normal to Dry Skin ($42) for the daytime.”
6. Organic Oil: “I use elrique naturals 100% Pure EMU Oil ($34) because it’s a great moisturizer and fights wrinkles.”
7. BB Cream: “This Alex Cosmetic BB Cream ($34) is great for skin that’s prone to breakouts or is extra sensitive.”
8. SPF: “I use Iope UV Shield Sun Protector SPF 50+ PA+++ ($39) because it really protects against the sun effectively.”
9. Hydrating Mist: “Throughout the day, I spray, spray, spray dermalogica Antioxidant Hydramist ($42) on my face.”
10. Melt Off Makeup: “At the end of the day, I massage my face with Nature’s Way Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil ($16) to melt my eye makeup and then wipe it off.”
11. Polishing Cleanser: “After I remove my makeup, I cleanse with TATCHA Polished Classic Rice Enzyme Powder ($65).”
12. Brightening Mask: “I use BLISS Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Foaming Mask ($65) to give me a glow.”
13. Pore-Tightening Toner: “I use Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner ($6) again at night to tone my skin.”
14. Calming Cream: “I always use dermalogica Gentle Soothing Booster ($50) again because I love it that much.”
15. EGF Serum: “Secret Beauty Club Secret EGF Serum ($25) is used again in my nighttime skincare rotation.”
16. Alpha Hydroxy Acid Moisturizer: “This Skin2Spirit Organic Super Fruit Alpha Hydroxy Face Whip ($25) is an antioxidant-packed moisturizer that your skin will totally drink up.”
17. Organic Oil: “I use elrique naturals 100% Pure EMU Oil ($34) again to finish my routine!”
Follow us on Pinterest for more skincare tips and advice.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.