Fringe is one of those details that has managed to stand the test of the time. You might associate this tried-and-true look with flappers and hippies, but fringe isn’t reserved just for party dresses and groovy getups. Fringe made a strong showing on the spring/summer 2015 catwalks, with designers taking a more contemporary approach to the embellishment. But here’s what you really need to know — everything is just way more fun with fringe. These 20 pieces are just the thing help you get your fringe fix this spring.
1. ASOS T-Shirt Sequin Fringe Dress ($106): This right here is the ultimate party dress. Between the bright green sequins and teal ombre fringe, you’ll be turning heads left and right.
2. Zara Fringed Sweater ($80): This is just the sweater you need to cozy up in style. Sporadically placed fringe and a burgundy Southwest-inspired print make for a one-of-a-kind piece. We love it with a midi skirt and oxfords or dark denim and ankle boots.
3. Schutz Carmen Fringe Sandals ($220): Perk up a simple dress or pair of light boyfriend jeans with bright leather fringe. The lively blue and aqua colors have us dreaming of island vacations and the Caribbean Sea, which makes them the perfect pair of steppers to pack for a warm-weather getaway.
4. Tiro Tiro Cercis Necklace ($275): Forgo classic fringe for something a little more subtle, but no less intriguing. A bold brass pendant with ivory linen micro-fringe is a cool new twist on the tassel necklace.
5. ASOS Top in Crepe with Fringe Back ($52): Sleek and cropped in the front with a fringe party in the back, this fun, flirty top pairs flawlessly with a leather pencil skirt or high-waisted trousers.
6. SFK + LAS Deluxe Camera Strap ($150): When you’re getting snap happy, a hefty camera bag can hold you back. This bright blue fringed strap keeps your camera secure and always at the ready — you never know when inspiration will strike!
7. Something Else by Natalie Wood Shag Knit ($129): Nail both spring and fall trends all at once with a shaggy fringe statement sweater. It’s awesome tucked into a high-waisted pant or worn slouchy.
8. ASOS Cape Cardigan with Fringing ($70): Capes are fabulous on their own, but when you add color blocking and fringe to the mix you’ve got yourself a real winner. Add on a belt for an of-the-moment look, or take the classic route and rock it all on its own.
10. EACH X OTHER Dip Dyed Long Fringe Cotton Poplin Shirt ($545): Intrigued by the idea of that whole dress-over-pants thing? This bold poplin shirt with its cropped silhouette and ankle-length fringe creates the illusion of a long-layered look without having to fully commit. It’s a bit of a splurge, but we can’t think of a better way to flaunt the trend.
12. Ivona Blue Fringed Faux Suede Jacket ($38): Fringed suede jackets have a tendency to seem a little, well, Davy Crockett, but with bold bright colors instead of the more traditional shades of beige, they feel anything but.
13. Hayden-Harnett Leather Fringe Collar Necklace ($158): Rack up the style points when you tack on this over-the-top leather collar to a classic cocktail dress or simple tee.
14. Barbara Bonner Ginger Kaleido Tote ($405): Give your go-to tote a groovy upgrade with a kaleidoscopic graphic print and statement fringe detail. Trust us, it’s well worth the investment.
15. Long Furry Sleeve Cardigan ($68): Granny sweater this cardigan is not. Hand-knit loop details, an open front and knee-grazing length make this layering piece feel feminine and chic. To avoid looking dowdy, toss it over structured, tailor pieces with a bit of downtown edge, like leather pants or a pencil skirt.
16. Simply Be Mesh Top Fringe Dress ($56): This sophisticated fringed frock puts a polished, modern twist on the ’20s-style trimming.
17. Nº21 Beaded Fringe Necklace ($196): Sunny beaded fringe will brighten up your outfit even on the darkest of days.
18. DKNY Fringed Crepe Mini Skirt ($295): This is not your average black skirt. The cascading fringe transforms this black mini from staple to statement piece — well worth the splurge if you ask us.
19. Plum Fringe Two Piece Dress ($164): Matching sets — not to be confused with twin sets — are a favorite with the fashion crowd, and we can totally see why. Coordinating separates make dressing super easy, plus you’ll always look put together, all with barely any effort.
20. Junya Watanbe for Comme Des Garçons Fringed T-Shirt ($279): Ditch the t-shirts with bold statements for a t-shirt that will make a bold statement. And if you don’t feel like coughing up the dough, we’re pretty sure this is an easy peasy DIY.
Will you be adding fringe to your closet this spring? Tell us how you plan to wear it in the comments!