NYFW Report: 8 New Ways You’ll Be Wearing Denim
Last fall, a huge wave of trendy denim hit the European fashion runways. Judging by the first shows of this year’s New York Fashion Week, all that denim action is here to stay. We’ve shared our favorite denim looks for spring, and it seems like this trend will be popping up in our fall wardrobes too. Rachel Comey and Frame Denim sent a diversity of denim styling and silhouettes down the runway, and we are BIG fans. Scroll on for the denim extravaganza.
1. Leather + Denim: Transition from summer to fall by mixing up your denim with leather. You can get this look by being playful with your leather + denim combo and maybe adding one more texture on top. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
2. ’70s Flare: Goodbye for now, ’90s. Say hello to ’70s style by wearing signature bellbottom pants. Polish it with urban booties and a marsala tops for a 2015 edit. (Photo via Ilya S. Savenok/Getty)
3. Cropped Denim: Let’s face it: Cropped denim isn’t always the easiest item to style. Look like a pro stylist by pairing your denim with chunky platforms, and maybe top it off with fall-ready signature hat. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
4. Denim Mermaid: This fall, rock a denim skirt with a unique silhouette. Balance out this cut with a heavy leather jacket and show off your effortless style with a lazy girl hair look.
5. Minimalist Denim: Be minimal with your accessories, hair and even makeup. It’s time to let the denim shine. (Photo via Ilya S. Savenok/Getty)
6. Layered Denim: We could totally see Solange wearing this one-piece. Layering a print vest over it takes this denim style to a whole new level. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
7. Denim Coat: Denim is no longer just a spring and summer accessory. Get cozy, and warm up with a denim coat — it’s now an all-year-long thing. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
8. Free-Style Denim: This season’s denim trend lets you play around with the beloved fabric. Experiment with what you like and what fits you best. You can always stick to your comfort zone, or you can push some boundaries. It’s all about you. (Photo via JP Yim/Getty)
Which denim look do you love? Would you try some of the denim style from NYFW? Tell us in the comments below.