No Idea What to Wear Tonight? Here Are 9 Ways to Style Your LBD
Times flies, and Valentine’s Day is um, oops, tonight. YIKES; who has time to go shopping for a complete new look? Not us. Desperate times call for desperate measures, ladies. And that only means one thing: You have to wear what’s already in your closet. We know, just the thought of that is horrid. But if you have a cute little black dress hanging in your wardrobe, we have several ways to transform that dress from DRAB to FAB. Here are nine new ways to style your LBD for tonight or *any* date night.
2. Faux Fur Coat: Let’s face it; we’re in the dead of winter, and with temperatures dropping below zero it’s hard to find ways to be stylish. But with the revival of the ’70s-inspired faux fur coat, you can finally do just that. So throw one on with a bowler hat and boots to revamp your LBD into a hot new getup. (Photo via Her New Tribe)
4. Statement Necklace: It is our belief that almost any outfit can benefit from a statement necklace. And when you wear one with your LBD, the dress plays background while your necklace takes center stage. So don’t be afraid to pair a bold statement necklace with arm candy to alter your dress for a très chic look. (Photo via Viva Luxury)
5. Moto Jacket: You finally gave in and bought that moto jacket ($190) you’d been eyeing. No better time than now to pair it with your LBD and a pair of large-framed shades for a sweet new number. (Photo via They All Hate Us)
6. Knee-High Socks: For a warm and comfy vibe, pick up a pair of knee-high socks to wear with your favorite LBD and patent leather oxfords. Also don’t forget a pastel coat to achieve blogger Nadia Aboulhosn’s head-to-toe look. (Photo via Nadia Aboulhosn)
7. Bright Color Heels: If you’re saving a pair of colorful heels to wear this spring, STOP. Who says you can’t wear bright colors in the winter? Pull those beauties out from the back of your closet along with an animal print clutch to revamp your LBD for the perfect V-Day date outfit. (Pink Peonies)
8. Tuxedo Jacket: Take a clue from off-duty models like Kate Moss; tuxedo jackets are a must-have staple piece for your closet. A tuxedo jacket ($129) is a perfect piece to wear with jeans or to dress up a LBD, as seen in this short-sleeved version on the beautiful Olivia Palermo. (Photo via Elle UK)
9. Print Coats: For the past couple of years, print coats ($688) have emerged on the street style scene as the coveted cover-up of the winter season, and we are not mad about it. A print coat has the power to transform the most basic look, and when partnered with a LBD and the right purse you can’t help but to achieve the perfect combo. (Photo via Harpers Bazaar)
Do you have your Valentine’s Day look together, or are you running behind like we are at Brit + Co? Let us know in the comments below!