It’s coming — that time of year where there’s celebration after celebration, and you know you’ll be in the kitchen in preparation for potlucks, office parties, family get-togethers and the big bash your best friend will be throwing. All of those occasions require your own offering in the form of food, and it can be intimidating to know that months of baking, cooling and flour in your eyebrows are on the horizon. Help yourself out and make your hostess happy by bringing appetizers to your outings (and by making them with frozen dough). Don’t worry, you’ve got this: read on to plan your menu.
1. Caramelized Onion, Mushroom + Gruyere Tarts: “Adorable” and “elegant” are the main descriptors for this app. Melty cheese, sweet onion and savory mushrooms are wrapped in puff pastry for a bite-sized treat everyone will want to eat. (via Brown Eyed Baker)
2. Homemade Pizza Rolls: Hey moms, you could be the slumber party hero with just a tray of these pizza rolls. And since it’s a homemade option, you could totally sneak veggies in there if you wanted to. (via Buns in My Oven)
3. Easy Puff Pastry Garlic Knots: As much as we love garlic bread, this alternative looks like a delicious starter for pasta night. Actually, just pass us the plate. We don’t even need dinner. (via Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice)
5. Caprese Phyllo Cups: We love caprese salad as much as anyone, but we are obsessed with this take on a staple appetizer recipe. Pair the light salad with equally light phyllo dough for another dimension of yummy. (via Gimme Some Oven)
8. Samosas: Know what your party is missing? These Indian turnovers. Go ahead, take a bite: You’ll be greeted with sweet, spicy and savory greatness. These are a surefire hit. (via The Whimsical Wife)
9. French Onion Soup Puffs: Soup is always a great start to a meal, and when it comes to soup, French onion is definitely a superstar. Make these puffs with caramelized onions and cheese to give good ol’ soup a new look. (via Simply Delicious)
12. Mexican Bubble Bread: Here’s a great partner for stew or chili. Jalapeños and cheese give this bread a bit of spicy, savory flair. Basically, it’s the coziest bread ever, waiting to be a part of your perfect rainy day meal. (via Nest of Posies)
Which of these recipes are you itchin’ to break out for your next get together? Let us know in the comments!