Finding the perfect baby shower gift can be a pretty tough task, especially when you’re aiming for a gift that’s perfect for any gender. Whether the parent-to-be doesn’t want to reveal the baby’s sex or just doesn’t want to resort to those gender-normative “all pink” or “all blue” baby accessories, it’s important to find a gift that’s great for both those expecting and their bundles of joy. Luckily, there are tons of amazing gift ideas out there that are fun, functional, adorable, and, best of all, universal.
1. Gund My First Teddy Bear ($10): Any baby needs a first teddy bear. This soft, 10-inch teddy is perfectly snuggly, comes with a neutral tan bow, and is suitable for newborns too.
2. MomsHug Baby Bandanna Drool Bibs ($10 for five): If there’s one thing that’s definitely universal about babies, it’s that they tend to make a mess at meal time. These 100-percent naturally colored organic cloths should do the trick to keep kiddo’s clothes looking cute.
3. Skip Hop Pronto Signature Changing Station ($38): If this new parent is like most others, they’re going to be on the go a lot. This chic changing pad is handy for keeping their baby nice and fresh while also looking stylish.
4. Baby Aspen Penguin PJ Gift Set ($19): No matter what, silly pajamas are a must-have when the baby arrives. This penguin-printed set is sized for newborns up to six months. And it comes with a ridiculously adorable hat.
5. CAMIRUS Pacifier Clips ($10 for four): Here’s a handy tool for parents who’ll want to keep track of their pacifiers (every parent quickly learns they end up on the floor a lot). These little clips have minimal prints that look great as well as being functional.
6. Lulu Love Baby 100% Organic Cotton Muslin Swaddle Blankets ($25 for two): Your parent-to-be will love wrapping up their little newcomer in these soft swaddling cloths featuring stylish, minimalist prints (in trendy neutrals instead of pink or blue). Plus, its a set of two, so there will always be a spare on hand.
7. The Spotted Moose Organic Baby Towel Set ($25): After bath time is just as important as the bath itself. The new parent in your life can end their nightly baby baths on a high note with these ultra-soft hypoallergenic cloths featuring sweet penguins.
8. Baby Aspen Wash & Waddle Penguin Hooded Spa Robe ($32): Once the new baby is dry, your friend can also wrap their child up in perfect comfort with this baby spa robe. (You really can’t go wrong with penguins.)
9. Blooming Bath Lotus Baby Bath ($40): Parents and newborns do a lot of bonding at bath time, and what better product to make the experience more enjoyable than this comfy lotus bather, which sits right in the sink for safely and comfortably bathing newborn babes.
10. Boba Wrap ($40): It’s a fact that babies love hugs. And these Boba wraps are a great way for parents to carry around their newborns like they’re giving them a hug all day.
11. Boppy Newborn Lounger ($30): When it’s (finally) time for downtime, a new parent can lovingly set down their newborn in this comfy lounger so they can both rest and relax.
12. Summer Infant Four-Sided Changing Pad ($35): A good changing pad is a household essential. And this one is built with four contoured walls, so baby stays safe and comfortable between diaper changes.
13. GYSSIEN Professional Diaper Backpack ($40): The parent-to-be doesn’t have to be bogged down with an unattractive diaper bag. Pamper them with this fancy, sleek one that looks more like a designer backpack.
14. WubbaNub Elephant Pacifier ($15): This isn’t just a pacifier: It’s also a great security blanket for finicky babies who just need something soft to cuddle with.
15. Ingenuity ConvertMe Ridgedale Swing-2-Seat ($90): This universal baby seat turns into a gentle swing that will keep any baby entertained — or even sooth them to sleep.
16. Luvable Friends Animal Face Hooded Baby Towel ($12): After the new baby is done playing with their rubber ducky in the bath, they can be greeted by another friendly duck as they’re drying off.
17. HABA Ring Around Wooden Clutching Toy ($12): These clutching toys are also great ways to help babies develop fine motor skills, which are an important part of any baby’s growth.
18. Rockit Parents Bath Kneeler & Elbow Rest Set ($43): Protect the new parent-to-be’s knees and elbows as they’re spending time bathing and playing with their bundle of joy in the bath. They’ll definitely thank you later.
19. Gerber Baby Organic Short Sleeve Onesies ($10 for three): These onesies have natural, neutral colors and cute designs to fit any baby.
20. Bon Bebe Newborn Huggybuddy Plush Security Blankets ($12 for two): Any new baby will drift off to dreamland with one of these adorable security blanket toys by their side. Bonus: They come in a pack of two, so parents can do the wash without the baby missing out on their favorite toy.
21. Amazon Echo ($100): Help busy parents out with this voice-activated device that will help them multitask, play music, or ask any question while their hands are full.
22. The Honest Company Diapers and Wipes Subscription ($80 for one month): Diapers may not be the most exciting present, but we guarantee they’ll be useful. Gift the expectant parents with an eco-friendly diaper and wipe subscription (plans range from one month to a year). Plus they can customize their bundle with fun, seasonal prints each month.
23. Vulli Sophie la Girafe ($23): There’s a reason why every baby you know owns one of these giraffes. This toy is made from 100-percent natural rubber and is BPA-free, making it a great tool for little teethers.
Do you have any recommendations for baby gifts? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.