11 Gender-Neutral Gifts for Everyone You Forgot on Your List
The holidays are filled with gift-giving conundrums. But beyond what robe you’re going to gift your dad and what to buy your fashion-loving pals, there’s always that one unforeseen friend that pops up with a present in hand. EEEP! We’ve all experienced that hot sense of panic when you have to scrounge up a “thoughtful” gift without getting sucked into the black hole that is regifting. The solution? Keep a few next-level gender-neutral gifts on hand. Here are 11 ideas appropriate for all your favorite humans.
1. Uncommon Goods Table Topics ($25): If your pals have a hard time staying off Snapchat when you meet up for dinner, you’ll definitely want to gift them these fun conversation starters. They come in categories for couples, families and cocktail time. There’s even a “What Would You Do?” version so you can find out which celebs your pals would spend eternity with on a deserted island. Juicy.
2. Mistobox Coffee Subscription ($60 for three months): Give your coffee-loving compadres a jolt of the good stuff with a subscription box. They’ll get three months of coffee that’s personalized to their tastes, so whether they like dark or light roast, they’re going to be wired.
3. Artsy Doormats Hello/Bye Door Mat ($34): This amusing door mat is perfect for the homeowner in your life who takes things literally. They’ll totally want to have people over to show it off, then show ’em the door when it’s time to go.
4. American Heirloom State Shaped Cutting Board ($48): If someone you love is homesick for where they grew up, they’ll absolutely love a cutting board in the shape of their state. It’s the perfect taste of home (and who doesn’t love cheese?).
5. Crane Red Electric Fireplace Heater ($90): Keeping warm and cozy in the winter is a must. This mini fireplace heater would be the perfect gift for any apartment-dwellers in your life. They can snuggle up every night and watch the snow fall.
6. Homegrown Gourmet Root Vegetables Harvest Grow Bag ($14): If your friend was born with a green thumb but doesn’t have the square footage or outdoor space to grow anything, they’ll absolutely love this cool garden bag for their patio or any sunny spot.
7. Uncommon Goods Gummy Bear Lights ($28): Sure, you could gift someone with a sweet tooth the typical candy grab bag, but hello. Light up their world with these adorbs gummy bear lights that are even squeezable. Swoon!
8. FEED Backpack ($75): Give the perfect gift and save the world? It can be done. The purchase of this smart, sturdy backpack will buy enough school meals for 75 kids around the world.
9. Redbeard Brew Bars Beer Soap Assortment ($25): The beer lovers in your life will really appreciate the custom choice of soaps you choose for them in flavors like peppermint coffee porter and mulled hard cider. And the hops in the soap are apparently good for the skin. Who knew?
10. Love and Victory Bloody Mary Glasses ($39 for two): Forget wine and beer glasses. Official Bloody Mary glasses are a must for any brunch aficionado. Hopefully whoever you give these babies to will be inviting you over for a Sunday funday soon.
11. Cute Mugs and Things I Don’t Give a Guac Mug ($13): If all else fails, remember that love for guacamole is pretty much universal. This mug is adorbs and will be a huge hit at any gift exchange.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)