25 Chic Holiday Gifts Ideas for Dad Under $250
The holidays are right around the corner, and if you’re determined to get ahead of the game this season, now is the time to start tackling to-dos on your list. Your first order of business? Snagging a stylish gift for everyone on your list. Shopping for Mom and your #squad is fairly straightforward — you know their senses of style like the back of your own hand. But for Dad? That’s another beast entirely. We hear you, girl. Instead of throwing in the towel early and getting Dad yet another tie (snooze), check out our carefully curated gift guide of dapper fashion finds that your pops will straight-up swoon over (seriously). From cool timepieces to chic sweaters and stunning shades, the 25 picks below are guaranteed to earn you *favorite kid* status. The best part? They’re all under $250. #winning
1. Filson Dry Day Backpack in Green ($125): Whether he’s an outdoor enthusiast or a city slicker through-and-through, this sleek waterproof backpack will always do him right. Perfect for an afternoon of hiking or an active morning commute, it boasts plenty of room for his everyday swag, and it’s easy on the eyes to boot.
2. J.Crew Slim Lambswool Half-Zip Sweater ($75): Keep him snug this season with a chic half-zip sweater that he can rock at the office or off the clock. Whether he sports it with denim or a pair of clean-cut chinos, the result will be undeniably dapper.
3. Aesop Athlete Grooming Kit ($120): Up Dad’s fitness game with a grooming kit that’s worthy of Olympic gold. Filled with three locker-room essentials (including a body cleanser, shampoo and hydrator), it’s guaranteed to become his fave gym bag staple.
4. Komono The Walther Raven ($180): So, a Rolex might not be in the budget this year (or next year or the year after that), but with this stunner under the tree, we don’t think Dad will mind. The monochromatic aesthetic is the perfect match to his no-frills kind of style, while the sleek design is just the thing to take his wardrobe to the next level.
5. Cole Haan GrandPro Tennis Sneaker ($150): Sayonara, beat-up sneaks. Put a little extra pep in Dad’s step with luxe leather tennis shoes that epitomize effortless cool. His weekend uniform will never be the same.
6. Master & Dynamic ME05 ($200): Nothing gets between Dad and his beats. Be it Zeppelin, ABBA or John Coltrane, Pop’s playlist will be on fleek with these solid brass earbuds on standby — both the aesthetic and acoustic qualities are straight-up outstanding.
7. Club Monaco Slim Soft Twill Shirt ($130): Cotton and wool combine for a classic button-down that’s just as cozy as it is sartorially sound. The pale shade of blue and polished design mean this easy-breezy number will go with just about everything in his closet — a big win for you and the old man.
8. Atelier de l’Armée City Wash Bag ($221): Dads on the go know that a trusty kit bag is a travel essential. This leather bad boy has plenty of room for all the goods (think: shaving swag, shampoo, combs, etc.) and will keep his carry-on in perfect order. Trust us, this bag is worth the investment.
9. illesteva Cordova Bronze/Tortoise With Brown Lenses ($240): Dads were the original hipsters, so best believe they know the value of a cool pair of sunnies. These retro stunners were made to throw shade and would look ah-mazing styled alongside classic denim, a structured jacket and boots.
10. Brook’s Brothers Three-Color Plaid Flannel Robe ($118): The way to Dad’s heart isn’t through his stomach — it’s through super soft sleepwear. The only thing missing? A killer pair of slippers and the big game.
11. UGG Men’s Bryon Slipper ($140): We’re not sure what he’ll love more: the plush wool lining that’ll keep his toes extra warm, or the molded rubber sole that can totally kick these slippers up a notch. Either way, these comfortable kicks are an all-around winner.
12. Herschel Abbot Beanie ($20): Hit refresh on his cold weather essentials with a classic knit beanie from Herschel Supply. Sleet, snow and biting winds don’t have anything on this trusty, dusty staple.
13. Tom Ford Beauty Oud Wood Shower Gel, 250ml ($67): With a blend of rare oud wood, rosewood, cardamom, tonka bean and amber, this luxe shower gel is just the zing Dad needs to start the day off on the right foot.
14. J.Crew Abingdon Messenger Bag ($98): Every down-to-business dude needs a reliable (and stylish) work bag — Dad included. This is that bag. Striking the ultimate balance between rugged and refined, it’ll take him from desk to day-off in flawless fashion.
15. Northface Men’s Apex Bionic 2 Jacket ($149): For a weekend spent on the slopes or a whole slew of other cold weather activities, this wind-resistant soft shell is a hero in disguise. He can wear it on its own or layer it under a puffer for a warm, windchill-free getup that’s ready for anything.
16. Frye David Leather Wallet ($138): If Dad’s been rockin’ the same wallet since ’85, it’s definitely time for an upgrade. And between the spacious interior and smooth, luxe leather, this tried-and-true option is a top contender.
17. Buckler’s Daily Defense Kit ($65): Dad might be a no BS kind of guy, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t care about his skin. Buckler’s Daily Defense Kit, with its hydrating skin and lip remedies and face repair, combats the effects of cold weather on his complexion and keeps his face and lips looking and feeling their best.
18. Nordstrom Men’s Shop Cashmere Scarf ($100): Now here’s a scarf that Dad will totally get wrapped up in. Plush cashmere and a classic check print make this a piece he’ll hang onto forever.
19. Club Monaco Marled Stripe Henley ($120): Anytime is a good time for a Henley tee. Period. The lightweight fabric makes it a versatile layering piece. All he needs is a pair of relaxed-fit denim, leather sneakers and a wool sweater for a casual cool look.
20. Hestra Leather Primaloft Ribbed Gloves ($140): If they’re good enough for the Swedish ski team, they’re a-okay for Dad. With Primaloft insulation, soft wool lining and durable leather outer, these top-notch gloves are pros at keeping the elements at bay.
21. Alice Made This Alexander Copper Cufflinks ($135): For those times when Dad needs to get swanky, these sleek copper cuff links will provide all the polish he needs — and then some.
22. MCMC Dude No. 1 Beard Oil ($65): Facial hair is rad, but it can also do a number on a dude’s skin. This au naturale formula (complete with a fresh and spicy wood scent) is just as manly as dear old Dad, but will keep his delicate skin feeling on top of its game.
23. Brixton Messer Fedora ($54): Behind every good man is a great hat. When a beanie or baseball cap simply won’t do, this fashionable fedora will take Dad’s style to haute new levels. Teamed with a longline coat or suit, this stunner is straight-up suave.
24. Miansai Leather Portfolio ($245): Big-time presentations and important business deals call for a streamlined portfolio with endless corner-office appeal. Styled alongside a classic suit and a go-get-’em attitude, Dad will win over the competition, no problem.
25. Native Youth Lieutenant Shacket ($150): Dad kills it in a suit, but his off-duty style isn’t something to scoff at either. Add this military-inspired jacket to his arsenal and he’ll effortlessly add best dressed to his already stacked resume (which just so happens to include world’s best dad).
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.