5 Creative Gift Wrap Ideas You Can Do With Stuff Around Your House
You’re an excellent shopper. When it comes to finding the perfect gift for everyone on your list, you’re at the top of your class. The only thing? You don’t always remember to wrap those gifts until the very last minute. We’ve all been there. I’ve been known to turn paper grocery bags inside out and use those as gift wrap with a very elegant shipping tape seal and stolen-from-the-tree ornament topper.
Today, we’ve teamed up with Google to up your gift wrap game twofold. First, use the Google app to set yourself a reminder so that you remember to wrap presents when you get home. The app will send an alert your way the moment you get home — how awesome is that? All you have to do is speak to set a reminder up. It’s like having a personal assistant!
Second, you need a few pro gift wrap hacks up your sleeve. Here are five creative gift wrap ideas you can make using stuff that’s probably already lying around your house.
1. Twine Pom Pom Present Toppers: Can’t find ribbon or a bow? Pom poms to the rescue! You can turn just about any fabric or string into a pom pom, so start foraging around your house for possible future pom poms. Baker’s twine is a great option, especially if you’ve got a spool that’s multi-colored like this red and white combo. I’ve also made pom poms out of old t-shirts, fabric scraps, rope and more. Get creative!
2. Create Your Own Wrapping Paper: If you want to jazz up a roll of plain paper, paint pens and Sharpies are all you need. You can do this with printer paper, brown paper bags or even newspaper to really make it your own.
3. Peekaboo Patterned Wrap: Take two scraps of last year’s saved wrapping paper and combine them to mimic this peekaboo present. If you don’t have wrap from last year, you can do the same sort of thing by combining white printer paper with colorful magazine pages.
4. Printable Gift Wrap and Gift Tags: We’re doing you a solid here — as long as you’ve got access to a printer (or a Kinko’s). Download these patterned papers, gift tags and holiday cards and you’re good to go.
5. The Good Old Potato Stamp: And if all else fails, you can always turn to your friend ’til the end: the potato stamp.
Still looking for creative inspiration? You can ask Google for that as well. Your future as a wrap star is just moments away ;)