Lots of people love to jaunt down to the beach for some fun in the sun, but some people love to keep the warming rays, ocean waves, and salty air in their hearts all year long. And when the temperatures finally get warm enough, you know they’re probably not wasting their time hanging out in the city. Next time you’re racking your brain looking for the perfect gift for your beach bum friend, rest assured there are tons of products out there for making their sand- and surf-loving lifestyle even radder.
1. Urban Outfitters Beach Scene Shower Curtain ($39): When the day is over and they return to their humble abode, your beachy friend can wash away the sand while reliving that gorgeous sunset with this pretty shower curtain.
2. Outremer Eau De Toilette in Oceane ($18): Now your beach-bum bestie can bring that fresh, salt air wherever they go with this light perfume.
3. Kobo Aura H2O 6.8-Inch Comfort Light, Water Resistant E-Reader ($208): Sitting back, relaxing, and diving into their favorite book is probably one of your friend’s favorite beach activities. This water-resistant e-reader is easy on the eyes, even while in the sun.
4. YETI Hopper TWO Portable Cooler ($250): A good portable cooler can be hard to find. Now your beach-loving bud can chuck that hard-case cooler in favor of this super chic and super convenient one, all thanks to you.
5. Lifeproof FRĒ Phone Case ($90): It’s a beach bum’s biggest dilemma: to bring their phone or to not bring their phone? Now they don’t have to worry, with these sturdy cases that are submersible in up to six feet of water for up to one hour.
6. Tesalate Sand Free Beach Towels in Bohemian ($59): Even beachy people hate it when sand gets into the wrong places. These high-tech towels repel the stuff, and can double as cute cover-ups.
7. Ultimate Ears BLAST Portable Waterproof Speaker ($230): Beach parties aren’t complete without the proper tunes. This waterproof speaker pumps out jams with crystal clarity — just make sure you don’t disturb the neighbors.
8. Hydro Flask 10 oz. Wine Tumbler ($30): You’ll never have to worry about overly warm wine on the beach with these double-pour tumblers, which are vacuum-insulated to keep liquids cool and come with a spill-resistant lid. Also grab the matching wine bottle ($45), which can hold an entire 750ml of your favorite white, rosé, or red.
9. Hrome Beach Safe Locker ($80): Keeping your items safe at the beach is a number-one priority. This vault screws into the sand, plus it has a bluetooth speaker for your friend’s beach music playlist.
10. Herbivore Botanicals Sea Mist Coconut + Sea Salt Beach Wave Hair Mist ($20): After a nice, long swim, your friend can mist and moisturize their locks with this popular hair mist for beachy waves.
11. Supergoop! Sand to City Set ($25): If there’s one thing everyone needs at the beach, it’s skin protection. This sunscreen, hand cream, and setting mist set from Supergoop! will keep ’em covered, head to toe.
12. Chloe Vaux Summer Love Art Print ($19+): Let the beach fiend in your life proudly display their love of summer with this minimal art print.
13. Some Sunny Day Bamboo Cage Bag ($49): Beach bums are always looking for a good bag, and this chic bamboo number is great for all their essentials.
14. Set the Serene Bikini Set ($98 for the set, sold separately): Is your beachy bestie looking for a good suit? This bikini will make her feel like a vintage bathing beauty.
15. Native Eyewear Patroller Sunglasses ($159): What’s beach life without a great pair of sunglasses? These stylish aviators are made with sustainable materials and have polarized lenses to protect eyes from a long day of sunbathing.
16. Moroccan Oil After Sun Milk ($28): After your friend is done in the sun, have them protect and pamper their skin from harmful UV rays with this after-sun lotion. It will make their sun-kissed skin positively glow.
Do you have any recommendations for great beach products? Share them with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.