Spending the holidays with your S.O.’s parents for the first time means you’re really taking your relationship to the next level. #Commitment. You’re probably thinking: That’s nice and all, but the pressure is on to find the perfect holiday gift that says “trying, but not trying too hard.” Let’s just be honest with ourselves — all you really care about is making sure that they like you more and more with every present they unwrap. We get it. So scroll below for 11 gifts that are guaranteed to impress this holiday season.
1. Uncommon Goods Record Clock ($38): Anything for the house is a safe bet when it comes to parental gifts. If your boo’s family is into music, they’ll love this old-school clock that will bring them back to the golden age of vinyl.
2. Anthropologie Bronzed French Press ($78): Coffee lovers will flip for this gorg brass French press. It’s the perfect size for brewing up just a few cups on busy mornings, or when having company over for brunch.
3. UGG Duffield Throw ($98): If your S.O.’s family lives in a colder climate, consider gifting them this super soft and cozy throw. Subtle colors like cream and gray heather go with any decor.
4. Williams-Sonoma Holiday Caramel Gift Set ($50): Sweets are always appreciated as a host’s gift if you’re going to the parental’s house for holiday dinner. Of course, there will be lots of cookies and goodies around already, so feel free to switch it up with a box full of sugary goodness. We promise they’ll love munching on festive caramels in flavors like eggnog, gingerbread and peppermint until New Year’s.
5. Lafco Feu de Bois Ski House Candle ($60): If you get the feeling your S.O.’s parents have a taste for the finer things in life, gift them this luxe candle. The mountain spruce scent will remind them of that memorable family ski trip.
6. Coravin Model One Wine System ($200): Is this the first time you’re meeting the parents? Get that wine open, stat. Everyone could use a drink. This super efficient system lets you pour the good stuff without removing the cork, so you can save some for tomorrow.
7. Fringe Studio Best Dog White Pet Tin ($17): If your love’s folks have a pooch, a find for Fido is a sure winner. This classy dog tin is guaranteed to be an upgrade from wherever they currently keep the treats.
8. Rifle Paper Co. Cities Everyday Coaster Set ($14): Is your boo’s family always sharing snaps of exotic locales? Bring a bit of the world home for them with these fun coasters featuring landmarks from around the globe.
9. J.Crew Hestra Leather Tived Gloves ($110): Your own father is hard enough to shop for, much less bae’s dad. Luckily, they’d both appreciate a pair of these durable gloves that the Norwegian and Swedish ski teams swear by.
10. Madewell Reversible Cape Scarf ($80): Your love’s outdoorsy mama will absolutely love this cozy cape scarf. She can throw it on for winter walks now and camping trips next summer. You’re so thoughtful.
11. Uncommon Goods Game of Phones ($20): If everyone is always on their devices when you go to the fam’s house, use that to your advantage and bring out this fun game. You’ll use smart phones to look up the answers, so even little brothers aren’t excused from participating.
Need more gift ideas? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.