Jetsetters looking for offbeat experiences have hit up the best glamping spots in the world and have stayed in enough quirky Airbnbs to last a lifetime. So how do you take your penchant for unique vacations to the next level? You add an Airstream transformed into lodging, of course. These luxury recreational vehicles have been around since 1929, but have recently made a comeback as unique vacation rentals that offer vintage charm. So grab your boo or your bestie and start planning your next road trip to one of these 10 Airstreams.
1. Asheville Glamping : Located in the heart of Beer City, USA, Asheville Glamping offers unique lodging options for travelers to this Blue Ridge Mountain town. There are yurts, cabins and teepees available on site, but it’s the Airstreams that really take the cake. Check out the 1966 Avion, named the Rebel Belle, or their 1965 Airstream, Rosie the Riveter. (Photo via @ashevilleglamping )
2. Kate’s Lazy Desert : When Kate Pierson of the B-52s is the driving force behind something, you know you’re in for a good time. Located near Palm Springs, California, Kate’s Lazy Desert is the sister-Airstream park to Kate’s Lazy Meadow in Woodstock, NY. Check out Tinkerbell, the park’s very first Airstream. (Photo via Kate’s Lazy Desert )
3. El Cosmico : Located in the funky art town of Marfa, Texas, this 21-acre hotel and campground is all about kicking back and taking it easy. Their half tin, half orange-colored Airstream named Spartan Manor comes equipped with a full kitchen and bath, queen bed and cedar deck. (Photo via El Cosmico )
4. Shooting Star RV Resort : This unique recreation area has eight Airstreams that guests can choose from, ranging in price from $119 to $139 a night. A knowledgeable and friendly staff is ready to share their local tips on the best activities in the area, which is about an hour from Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah. (Photo via Shooting Star RV Resort )
5. The Shady Dell : This Bisbee, Arizona campground is located off Highway 80 and has been providing solace for exhausted travelers going coast to coast since 1927. Check out their 1949 Airstream, which sleeps two and is bursting with romance, thanks to the vintage wedding photos that adorn its walls. (Photo via The Shady Dell )
6. Minnesota Airstream Park : Only experienced Airstreamers who are ready to rent long-term or purchase their own need enter here. Sitting in Clear Lake, Minnesota, this 80-acre park was started as a co-op in 1970 and now hosts 125 member-owned lots. (Photo via Minnesota Airstream Park )
7. Venice Airstream : Enjoy Venice Beach from the comforts of your glamping-approved one-bedroom Airstream. Perfect for relaxing at night close to all the action, this pretty hotel starts at $129 per night. (Photo via Homeaway )
8. Tucson Airstream : This 2006 Airstream Safari trailer comes with a full kitchen, WiFi, queen-sized bed and views for days. Located in Arizona’s Catalina Foothills, this rental starts at just $64 a night. (Photo via Homeaway )
9. Big Sur Getaway : Three restored trailers sit atop the hills of California as the passion project of a husband and wife team. The Big Sur Getaway challenges you to get outside of comfortable city living and explore what Mother Nature has to offer: wildlife, killer sunsets and outdoor living. (Photo via Big Sur Giveaway )
10. AKA Beverly Hills : Airstream 2 Go and designer Trina Turk collaborated on this signature mobile suite. But there’s one catch. You have to be a resident of the AKA Beverly Hills short-term residence property in order to rent the luxury mobile suite. If you don’t live there, it’s time make friends with someone who does. (Photo via AKA Beverly Hills )
Staying in an Airstream during an upcoming trip? Take a pic and tag us on Instagram @britandco .