There seems to be a divided camp (pun intended) regarding how people should spend overnight time with Mother Nature. You either love to rough it and go classic camping, or prefer the chicness (and convenience) that comes with glamping. With so many you-need-these camping gadgets and awesome houses to rent, why not fuse them together to create the ultimate great outdoors experience? If you’re not sure where to start, we’ve got you covered just like that lightweight tent you purchased at REI. These 12 glamping locations give glam a whole new meaning. So pack your bags and all your beauty products, because nature is calling.
1. Banyan Tree Al Wadi Tented Pool Villa (Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates): Holy chic! At Banyan Tree, your gorgeous tented villa has its very own private pool in the middle of the Arabian Desert. There’s also a luxurious spa and it’s on a nature reserve so you can interact with gazelles and camels. (Photo via Banyan Tree)
2. Canonici di San Marco Bamboo Suite (Venice, Italy): Visiting Venice, Italy is a magical treat all on its own. But throw in a stop at this getaway and we’re on cloud nine. Four eco-friendly, ultra-luxurious tents nestled into the Venetian countryside? Be still our glamping heart. (Photo via Canonici di San Marco)
3. Loisaba Star Bed (Nanyuki, Kenya): Sleeping under the stars is the ultimate outdoor experience. At Loisaba, you don’t just have the stars to enjoy, but you can also soak in the view of the watering hole from your bed. Each Star Bed has wheels and is located on a wooden platform complete with a large camp-style shower. Get ready to roll out for a glamping good time. (Photo via Loisaba)
4. Pampered Wilderness Safari Suite (Olympia, Washington): You know that if you’re staying at a place called Pampered Wilderness you’ll be in for some real-deal pampering. Their Safari Suites are equal parts African safari (sans giraffes) and glamp-tastic. A king-sized bed, fireplace and outdoor fire pit will make this place your new happy place. (Photo via Pampered Wilderness)
5. The Rockwater Tenthouse Suites (Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia): These tenthouse suites located on British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast give you stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. Not to mention, you’ll have a heated slate floor, romantic fireplace and a hydro-therapy tub for all your soaking needs. Who’s feeling relaxed now? (Photo via Rockwater Secret Cove Resort)
6. Kiba Point Selous (Southern Tanzania): Go on a safari in style with a visit to Kiba Point. Located on the Selous Game Reserve in Tanzania, this private camp is a retreat you’ll never want to leave. Offering only four luxe rooms, Kiba Point makes you feel like you’re the only one in the whole, chic world. Plunge pool, check. Outdoor shower, check. You can’t go wrong with glamping here. (Photo via Nomad Tanzania Kiba Point)
7. El Capitan Canyon Safari Tents (Santa Barbara, California): You don’t have to leave the country for glam glamping spots. Head to Southern California for this nature lodge nestled among the trees and right along El Capitan Creek. You can choose from cedar cabins or safari tents, but if you’re truly going to glamp it up, we recommend the safari tents all the way. (Photo via El Capitan Canyon Gallery)
8. Whitepod Deluxe Pod (Valais, Switzerland): At Whitepod, you’ll practically feel like you’re living in an igloo (minus being oh-so cold). Go green and glamp in the Deluxe Pod that features everything you need, plus breathtaking views of picturesque Switzerland. Maybe this is the reason why Switzerland is voted one of the happiest countries in the world? Just sayin’. (Photo via Whitepod)
9. Lanzarote Reatreats Eco Palm Yurt (Lanzarote, West Africa): This authentic Mongolian yurt exemplifies the motto “brighter is always better,” and we couldn’t agree more. This cozy abode even features a skylight so you can stargaze all night long from your super king-size bed. Outside, you have your own private hammock with an outdoor (that’s right) shower. (Photo via Lanzarote Retreats)
10. Kasbah Tamadot Berber Tent (Asni, Morocco): Want to glamp in the Atlas Mountains? That makes two of us. This resort features nine Berber tents that you’ll wish you could stay in for the rest of your life. It’s just you, perhaps a loved one and stylish solitude as you soak up the sun on your private deck. (Photo via Kasbah Tamadot)
11. Four Seasons Golden Triangle Deluxe Tent (Chiang Rai, Thailand): Of course Four Seasons jumped on the glamping bandwagon. After all, their middle name should just be glam. These deluxe tents include your very own custom-made wooden hot tub, which we can picture ourselves living in during our entire stay. (Photo via Four Seasons Golden Triangle)
12. Serengeti Migration Camp Tents (Serengeti, Tanzania): Come for the wildlife and stay because your lodging is so ah-mazing. Each of the 20 elevated tents offer 360-degree views of all the animals. *Squeal* You’ll feel like you stepped onto the pages of a National Geographic article. (Photo via Serengeti Migration Camp)
Which spot caught your glamping eye? Tell us in the comments below.