10 Must-Makes for a Glow-in-the-Dark Bonanza
In case you haven’t noticed, this week at Brit + Co, we’re going gaga for glow. Glow-in-the-dark pumpkins, light-up Halloween headbands, and, a whole slew of glow-in-the-dark goodies you can buy and DIY. But what happens when all these different glowing parts come together? A glow-in-the-dark bonanza, of course!
While we’re setting this up with Halloween in mind, this would also make a great summertime soiree, ’90s throwback rave-style dance party, or anything else that loves going neon in the dark. For everything you need to throw a glow-in-the-dark party, head to our shop.
1. Printable Invites: As any hostess with the mostess knows, a good party starts with a good invite. While we like to keep track of our RSVPs online, we always like to go analog when planning a full-fledged fiesta.
2. Glow-in-the-Dark Bunting: Bonanzas require bunting, otherwise how would you know what you’re supposed to be celebrating? ;)
3. LED Headbands: How cool are these? We love the green glow and totally weird Halloween attitudes the headbands inspire. Best of all, they are way easier to make than you think. We see a lot of LED DIY action in our future.
4. Color-Dipped Candlesticks: When in doubt, color-dip it! We used a trio of glow-in-the-dark neon paint to add a touch of modern color to these basic wooden candlesticks.
5. Neon Treat Bags: Gotta have a place to stow your treats? We added these fetching labels (download here!) for a little extra spark.
6. No-Carve Glowing Pumpkins: We’ve been pretty into all the pumpkin projects happening around the office lately, but there’s something so perfectly dark about these glowing pumpkins. Plus, they kind of make us feel like we’re at a rave, and who doesn’t love that?
7. Neon Confetti Cake: DIY neon funfetti? No problem! These crazy colorburst bits create a colorful explosion in the middle of your cake, and make us think this cake was just made for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
8. Glow-in-the-Dark Vases: We tricked these out two ways. One set with acrylic glow-in-the-dark paint and another with spray paint. The verdict? Spray paint, as always, comes out victorious.
9. Glowing Ivy Decor: Decor that looks totally different in the day than it does at night is a fun surprise for an all day party. We painted these fake ivy garlands with glow-in-the-dark paint. It would be fun to blend this ivy with real greenery in your yard for a truly eerie glow.
10. Glow-in-the-Dark Napkins: Last, these might be our favorite creation on the list. Who knew glow-in-the-dark thread was possible?!
Have you made or seen any cool glow-in-the-dark DIY projects? Talk to us in the comments below.