20 No-Occasion-Necessary Gold Bags, Purses + Clutches
We know it’s easy to reach for a gold bag when you’re putting together the perfect special occasion outfit, but the sheen of your metallic carryall can add instant class to way more than just your wedding guest garb. Toss a golden tote on over a chambray shirt or carry a gilded clutch alongside your cutoffs and voilà! Your solid “8” outfit is now turned up to 11. And this week, as your guides to all-things gold, we here at Brit + Co have scouted the most shimmery bags, purses and clutches for you to keep your on-the-go essentials at bay on any given day. Scroll down to see 20 “pots of gold” that will make any outfit pop, no occasion necessary.
1. Baggu Basic Leather Tote Bag ($160): Baggu’s classic casual carryall is revamped in not-so-basic gold leather. Our reaction: Gimme!!!
2. Clare Vivier La Pochette ($145): This envelope clutch is a simple statement maker. Dare to rock it with your fave fancy sneakers.
3. Gold Palm Leather Envelope Clutch ($98): Hand-painted fronds give this black clutch a truly tropical vibe that has us itching for a glam getaway.
4. Gold Leather Circle Clutch ($110): The offbeat shape makes this clutch feel even more refined, and we’re completely obsessed.
5. Gold and Tan Leather Fold Over Clutch ($112): Whenever is a pop of gold NOT a great thing? Let the top of this totable slouch to reveal its shiny side.
6. Zara Crackled Leather Shopper ($70): When a clutch doesn’t cut it, trade up for something with much more storage space. You know, just in case you decide to pounce on that pair of booties you’ve been ogling…
7. Disco Dots Foldover Clutch ($44): This posh linen pouch pulls double duty as both a catch-all for your away-from-home necessities or as a place to keep your tablets scuff-free. Either way, it’s a welcome +1.
8. Spiked Front Clutch ($13): Why not trick out a gold cross body bag with matching hardware? Truly fierce!
When we say this geo-printed tote, our first reaction was, “Where can we buy this beauty?!” But we were blown away when we clicked through to see this carryall is 100% handmade. Do the same to get down on this wow-worthy DIY. (via Between the Lines)
10. Natural Leather + Gold Card Case ($24): Keep your cards, cords or other mini must-haves in stylish order with this gold dipped envelope case.
gold-cessories for nights out and holiday fétes. You can still sneak in some glitz with a bag that boasts a distressed finish.
12. Júlia Marco Black & Gold Bag ($49): Daydreaming about what this too-cute tote would look like over your shoulder? Yeah, us too ;)
13. Le Bilbao Black and White Clutch ($301): This might be the coolest gold clutch we’ve ever laid eyes on. Lined with black leather trim and embellished with two geometric metal plates, it’s hands down responsible for boosting your outfit to rock star status.
14. Amarillo Cutwork Tote ($368): This might be THE perfect leather tote bag. Gold laser-cut panels add instant class to this buttery leather bag that will invade our dreams ’til our next paycheck.
15. Dyed Cotton and Leather Folded Clutch ($42): This clutch pairs shimmery gold leather with an equally eye-catching watercolor dyed linen that takes the statement clutch to entirely new and enviable levels.
16. A.P.C. Pochette Petit Toile ($130): Even a gold bag can’t resist a pop of color! We love the orange trim that keeps this zip pouch casual and cool.
17. Milkhaus Design Cross Body Clutch ($92): Navy and gold are one of the most classic color combos around — wear this cross body stunner with a white button down and color block oxfords for the ultimate summertime preppy look.
18. Gold Leather Pouch ($55): There’s DEFINITELY a place in your purse stash for this handmade gold leather pouch. Click through to see this designer’s equally covetable (and equally awesome) tote bags.
don’t want to wear your rock on your ring finger, Kate Spade has equipped you with the ultimate fancy faceted clutch.
20. Gold Dots Zipper Pouch ($18): What can we say? Polka dots make ANY bag better :)
Bonus: Gold Dots Print Carryall ($48): And two gold polka dot bags are WAY better than one!