9 of the Most Beautiful Golden Globes Makeup Looks You’ll Want to Try
Since the stars have all strutted their way down the Golden Globes‘ red carpet decked out in super colorful rainbow-hued fashion, it’s time to forget about the frocks and focus on faces. While some stars got their glow on, others opted for a minimalist approach to their makeup. Here are nine of the most gorgeous makeup looks from the Golden Globes red carpet tonight.
1. Olivia Wilde: Who said you can’t match your makeup to your dress? Olivia Wilde proved that you most definitely can rock a coordinated makeup and fashion look without it looking matchy-matchy. That deep pink eyeshadow really brings out her eyes!
2. Jenna Dewan Tatum: JDT paired her sparkly dress with equally sparkly eyes. The smokey, deep blue hue of her eye makeup was a unique take on this look.
3. Maggie Gyllenhaal: Forget a bold red lip and embrace the punchy *pink* lip! Maggie Gyllenhaal’s unexpected lip color was the perfect pop of color to complement her otherwise muted makeup.
4. Laverne Cox: Laverne Cox’s merlot-inspired lips definitely gave off winter vibes (so did her killer white dress), but also contrasted well with her bright green earrings.
5. Uzo Aduba: Even though it’s cold and dreary outside, Uzo’s super glowy makeup look reminded us of that beachy glow one gets after being kissed by the sun. Her makeup was flawless and natural looking while still being glam enough for a red carpet.
6. Emilia Clarke: The minimalist look is in, y’all, and Emilia Clarke looked straight-up flawless with barely-there face makeup, a light wash of champagne eyeshadow and slightly rosy lips.
7. Jennifer Lawrence: J. Law let her lips and brows do the talking on the red carpet. Both were super bold — punchy red lips that matched her dress and perfectly groomed, full brows — which meant the rest of her makeup was fairly low key.
8. Amy Schumer: Amy focused her makeup on bringing out her eyes, and it totally worked. From super bold, glam lashes to a silvery highlight on the inner corners of her eyes, it was hard to miss her pretty makeup on the red carpet.
9. Rooney Mara: Known for her always-classic looks, Rooney Mara’s makeup had a slight Hollywood glam feel to it thanks to her creamy porcelain skin, deep raspberry lips and barely-there pink cheeks.
Tweet us @britandco who had your favorite Golden Globes makeup looks of the night!
(Featured photo + photos via Jason Merrit + Steve Granitz/Getty)