12 of the Most Colorful ROYGBIV Dresses on the Golden Globes Red Carpet
The Golden Globes are here (!), you guys! Stars have been arriving to the red carpet, and in just the first few hours, we can confirm that color is in. Even though it’s the middle of winter — which often means we’re drawn to dark, gloomy hues — stars showed up in seriously bright colors that spanned the rainbow (and reminded us of the recent jewel tone trend). Here are 12 celebs giving off total ROYGBIV vibes at the Golden Globes.
1. Zendaya: Leave it to Zendaya to show up in a dress with one of the night’s most unique silhouettes. The deep cranberry hue of her stunning dress paired with the exaggerated ruffles made for a beautiful look.
2. Emmy Rossum: Emmy Rossum totally pulled off this glam look thanks to her candy apple red dress, equally bold lips and blingy necklace.
3. Giuliana Rancic: Cutouts are wearable in the winter, y’all, as proved by Guiliana Rancic’s orange dress. The super long sleeve details def set this dress apart from the rest.
4. Tara Lynne Barr: TLB’s coral dress featured interesting layered details toward the bottom, which was a fun way to add personality to this bright and bold frock.
5. Jennifer Lopez: Okay, Jennifer Lopez, we get it: This is your year. The actress and singer looked insanely gorgeous in the canary yellow shade — and can we talk about that epic cape?! Perfection.
6. America Ferrera: Yellow is definitely America Ferrera’s color. This super bright shade looked straight up incred with the actress’s slicked-back hair. America, plz wear this color more!
7. Jaimie Alexander: One of the more daring looks of the night so far, Jamie Alexander’s super low V-neckline kept her green dress sexy. She balanced her look out with a neutral lip and pulled-back hair.
8. Rachel Bloom: Rachel’s emerald green dress was the perfect shade to wear with her fresh lob. The copper hues of her highlights were front and center — but let’s not forget about the amazing clutch she finished her look with.
9. Gina Rodriguez: Gina Rodriguez stunned in this blue, off-the-shoulder dress that gave off slight Disney princess vibes (in a good way).
10. Joanne Froggatt: This showstopping blue dress is simply stunning on Joanne Froggatt. The deep neckline is sexy without being distracting, and the slight sheen of the fabric keeps this look extra interesting.
11. Kate Winslet: Known for her always-classic and timeless looks, Kate Winslet showed us that you can’t go wrong with a simple silhouette in an elegant color.
12. Ana de la Reguera: Ana de la Reguera’s violet-hued dress had just the right amount of sparkle to really stand out on the red carpet. This deep eggplant shade is super flattering paired against the dark color of her hair.
Tag us in Instagram @britandco with your favorite celeb looks from the Golden Globes!
(Featured photo + photos via Jason Merrit/Getty)