9 Cool Haircuts That Are Totally Dominating This Fall
We know the struggle, ladies. With the changing season comes a slew of new must-have fall fashion (yay!), but now it’s time to turn your attention to your worn-out tresses (sigh). You’ve been rocking the same old haircut for months and months and are this close to grabbing a pair of shears to take matters into your own hands. While it was cool to let it slide at the beginning of the summer, you know full well you’re overdue for a fresh new ‘do in line with fall’s hot hair trends. With so much hair inspo on the scene, it can be tough to narrow down which style is tailor-made for your strands. Luckily, you’ve got us. Here are nine rad haircuts to try this fall.
1. Bang It Out: ‘Tis the season to chop all your hair off. Well, some of it. Shaggy bangs are in style, and we can totally see why. Usher in the cooler temps with a bit of soft, face-framing fringe that works for curly or pin-straight locks.
2. Sleek and Simple: There are so many different ways to rock a bob this season, but far and away the lob is our favorite. Think long, subtle layers and an ever-so-slight angle to your cut. This cut is EVERYWHERE this fall, so don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd by rocking it with amped-up color.
3. Texturize It: Texture, texture, texture — that was the takeaway from the runways this season. So how do you introduce this style IRL? Opt for piecey curls, layered side bangs and shorter styles to show off your hair’s fullness.
4. ‘70s French Girl: The ’70s are IT this fall — and we aren’t just referring to Mrs. Roper-approved vests and flared denim. We’re talking shaggy bangs and long layered locks with that woke-up-like-this charm for all you lazy girls of the world. The best part of this trend is that it’s super low maintenance, and even looks better with second-day hair.
5. Mid-length Chocolate Ombré: Deciding on a length can sometimes be just as hard as choosing a color. So don’t do either! Who knew non-commitment could look so fantastic? Instead of chopping your hair or adding extra length, opt for mid-length styles that take it there with fall’s must-have shades of chocolate ombré. If this isn’t the best way to grow out your dye job, we don’t know what is.
6. Be Blunt: If your style leans more toward edgy than tried-and-true, upgrade your ‘do with a razor-sharp bob. The blunt edges and sleekness of this look scream rebel without a cause — or a care.
7. Sharp Edge: The textured lob is clearly here to stay, but make it your own with sharp, single-length ends that look extra modern when coupled with stylized, mid-hair waves. This look gives you the best of both worlds with a mix of It-girl appeal and beach-babe vibes.
8. Shoulder-Length Shag: Somewhere between French devil-may-care hair and the wear-everywhere lob sits the shoulder-length shag. Channel your inner good girl gone bad with a center part, air-dried waves and flowy fringe to master this look.
9. Curls and Bangs: This season it’s all about embracing your natural hair texture, but that doesn’t mean you can’t update your signature style with a strategic bang. All-over curls are where it’s at for fall, so keep it current with forehead-grazing fringe.
Follow us on Pinterest for more fall hair inspiration!