More Pizza, Please! Try These 16 Healthy Pies Today
Just because you started a whole new healthy lifestyle in 2015 doesn’t mean your new meal plan has to consist of onlysalads and veggies. Get creative and turn your favorite not-so-good-for-you foods into healthy meals that you don’t have to feel bad about eating. (Woot!) Where do you start? A fan favorite — pizza. Yep, there *is* in fact a way to make that Italian yumminess good for you. Take a look a these 16 healthy pies to try next time you are in need of a pizza fix.
1. Cauliflower Pizza Crust: Let’s start off with the basics — the crust. First, make a scrumptious yet hearty pizza crust out of cauliflower. Then top it off with anything — including breakfast. (via Brit + Co)
6. Raw Vegan Pizza with Red Pepper Flax Crust: Used to sprinkling red pepper on top of your pizza? Spice things up and add it to your crust. PS, this one’s raw AND vegan. You’re welcome. (via One Green Planet)
7. Spinach Artichoke Whole Wheat Pizza: The easiest way to get your veggies in for the day? Pizza, of course! This pizza is packed with fresh spinach, asparagus, artichoke hearts and more. Oh, and it’s topped with a little garlic. YUM. (Novice Housewife)
11. Spinach and Bacon Pizza: Bacon is healthy if you pair it with spinach… right? We’re going with yes. But for an even healthier option, sub the crust out for whole wheat or cauliflower. (via How Sweet It Is)
15. Greek Pita Pizza: We thought Greek salad was good, but Greek pizza? Count us in. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
Ready to get your healthy pizza on? Spill all your other healthy eating secrets in the comments below.