40 Creative Ways to Cook With Cauliflower
Cauliflower, in its unassuming glory, is one of the most versatile vegetables on the planet. It can become a meat substitute, a hearty vegetarian stand-in for steaks, curries and burgers. It also can become a starch or grain substitute in an instant, making it a staple of paleo and gluten-free recipes like mashed “potatoes,” pizza crust and so much more. The bottom line is that everyone is into this vitamin-packed super food — including us, and here are 40 of the best cauliflower recipes out there.
1. Cauliflower Crust Breakfast Pizza: Pizza and cauliflower for breakfast? Yes. Ohhh yes! This gluten-free breakfast dish will be the talk of your next Sunday brunch party. And we won’t judge you if you make it for more than one dinner as well ;) (via Brit + Co)
5. Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Goat Cheese: We’d like to frame this photo and hang it in our kitchen. Photos are edible, right? (viaBon Appétit)
7. Purple Cauliflower Cake with Black Sesame Seed Crust: Cauliflower and red onions are just beautiful on this savory cake. (viaRadiogastronomy)
14. Cocoa-Chile Mole Cauliflower with Chimichurri Sauce: At first glance, this flavor combination sounds disastrous… but mole and chimichurri are two of our all-time favorite sauces, so this recipe is going straight to the top of our must-cook list. (viaThe Hungry Goddess)
18. Garlic-Cauliflower Gnocchi with Brussels Sprouts and Lemon Zest: Is that seat taken? The one in front of the gnocchi? (viaReclaiming Provincial)
20. Warm Cauliflower Couscous Salad with Green Peas and Herbs: SO FRESH. (viaGreen Kitchen Stories)
27. Roasted Chickpeas and Cauliflower with Pickled Mustard Seeds: Sriracha. On. Everything. (via Reclaiming Provincial)
28. Cauliflower Tabouli: For this dish, we’re putting a raw spin on cauliflower and making a delicious vegetable salad that doesn’t involve any cooking. Inspired by Lebanese tabouli, we removed the bulgur and replaced it with cauliflower! (via Brit + Co)
30. Cornbread-Cauliflower Pancakes with Fontina and Sage: We have officially been seduced by this fried egg, atop savory cauliflower pancakes. We’re running away together. (viaStyle and Treats)
35. Honey-Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Crispy Sage: You’re invited to this party of flavors. (viaFood For My Family)
39. Cauliflower Steaks with Olive Relish and Tomato Sauce: Need a grill-friendly vegetarian recipe for a big barbecue? Just throw some cauliflower steaks on with your other steaks and everybody can steak out together. (via Bon Appétit)
40. Cauliflower Popcorn: If you think you’re sick of cauliflower, think again. Cheesy, crispy, and sprinkled with rosemary, our cauliflower popcorn is way better (and healthier!) than regular popcorn for movie night. We’re also pretty sure that if you introduce this to your cauli-resistant friends, you’ll turn ‘em with this cauliflower antidote. (via Brit + Co)
Did we miss your fave cauliflower recipe? Call it out in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)