Besides elegant endive and our favorite fiery appetizer, the jalapeño popper, there are so many more veggies that benefit from a little filling. Everything from avocados (yes, technically a fruit, but we’re okay with bending some rules for these creamy beauts) to zucchini make a beautiful canvas to load up with extra flavor. Enjoy these 21 stuffed vegetable recipes — they’re a great way to pack more produce onto your plate and turn veggie haters into lifelong fans.
1. Paleo Stuffed Avocados With Cilantro Cream Sauce: Creamy avocado stuffed with seasoned, shredded chicken and drizzled with a lovely crema are a treat any time. Serve these up for Cinco de Mayo or as a hearty-yet-healthy appetizer for your Super Bowl party. (via Fed and Fit)
3. Ricotta and Pesto Stuffed Tomatoes: Enjoy the classic Italian flavors stuffed inside these sweet roasted tomatoes. Although an accompaniment is not necessary, a crusty loaf of no-knead bread would bring it to the next level. (via Sugar Et Al)
7. Blue Cheese Guacamole Stuffed Mushrooms With Buffalo Sauce: Everyone will love this fusion of a few favorite appetizers. Loaded with guacamole and blue cheese, they’re nothing short of irresistible. (via Half Baked Harvest)
9. Lemon-Garlic Stuffed Artichokes (Gluten-Free): Simple and elegant, stuffed artichokes are a great way to transition from the jarred kind to a fresher, more delicious approach. (via The Sensitive Foodie)
10. Crab and Couscous Stuffed Tomato Salad: Save this one for when tomatoes are at their peak sweetness at the farmers’ market. A quick-cook stuffing of dressed crab and couscous just screams summertime fun. (via She Knows)
12. Caprese Quinoa Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms: Tossing the mushrooms on the grill not only gives them great flavor, but also keeps your kitchen cool at the same time. Serve up these stuffed ‘shrooms at your next cookout. (via Half Baked Harvest)
13. Mexican Millet Stuffed Peppers: A combo of beans and millet make for one filling filling. The host of sweet, savory and spicy additions definitely kick things up a notch too. (via Healthfully Ever After)
14. Vegan Zucchini Sweet Potato Rolls: What a fun new way to stuff zucchini. You’ll love the creamy intermingling of sweet potatoes and avocado in the middle, as well as the abbreviated ingredients list — only FOUR items plus salt and pepper. (via Lemons and Basil)
18. Smoky Breakfast Stuffed Poblano Peppers: Talk about a great way to wake up your tastebuds in the morning. A hearty hash brown and egg stuffing gives these bad boys some serious staying power. (via A Spicy Perspective)
19. Provencal-Style Stuffed Onions: Serve these well-seasoned onions on the side of a simply roasted chicken or pork loin. Heads up: They just might steal the spotlight. (via The View From the Great Island)
Which vegetables do you enjoy stuffing with flavorful fillings? Share yours with us below!