10 Pregnancy Products You Didn’t Know You Needed
You’re pregnant — yay! Now that the little pink plus popped up, you may want to celebrate with a little retail therapy. And while you won’t need elastic-waisted jeans, a nursing bra, or a breast pump this second, as you get further into the three trimesters, there are definitely some items that can make your pregnancy easier and more comfortable. Scroll down for our favorite picks.
1. Leachco Snoogle Maternity Body Pillow ($60): You doubtlessly already have a pillow for your head, but as your belly bump grows, you need another pillow… for the rest of your body. This one gives you the support you need as your body changes, keeping you comfy for the next nine months.
2. Three Lollies Preggie Pop Drops ($13): Morning sickness? Ha! As you get deeper into the first trimester, you may begin to realize that the nausea is constant. This natural answer may not completely alleviate your all-day sickness, but it’s a drug-free alternative that might just help.
3. Dreambaby Bump Belt ($28): That growing baby bump makes it nearly impossible to fit into your old clothes, but that’s not all. Anything that used to fit perfectly around your body may suddenly feel too snug — including the seat belt. The Bump Belt helps your car’s seat belt to fit properly around your belly, making it comfy to drive.
4. Jill & Joey Maternity Belt ($30): This isn’t the most fashionable accessory that you’ll ever own, but it might just be one of the most comfortable additions to your maternity wardrobe. Add extra support where you need it as your bump grows.
5. Ingrid & Isabel Maternity Bellaband Basic ($12): Keep your favorite pants in the mix just a little bit longer! The Bellaband keeps you from an embarrassing zipper issue. When your regular jeans won’t button anymore, this band keeps them in place — completely unbuttoned.
6. Lullabelly Prenatal Music Belt ($55): Just when you thought you were maxed out on things to put around your waist, here comes the prenatal music belt. Just plug it into your phone (or whatever you play music on) to let baby have a listen. While this isn’t a necessity, and the music that flows through it won’t magically make baby a genius, it’s an added soother that you both can enjoy.
7. Ojas Yatra Eco-Friendly Handmade Lokta Journal ($23): Put down your phone. Now it’s time to slow down and go low — low-tech, that is. Chronicle your pregnancy in this handmade journal, or use it to jot down notes when pregnancy brain starts creeping in.
8. Mira Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle ($14+): Hydration is key during pregnancy. Don’t get caught without something to sip on. This insulated water bottle will keep your beverages refreshing all day long.
9. Motherhood Maternity Fold Over Panties ($15+): While plenty of mamas-to-be make it all the way through pregnancy wearing their regular bikinis, these fold-overs are an ideal fit for your growing body — minus the granny panty look.
10. Iseasoo Compression Socks ($10+): Your doc may strongly recommend compression socks to keep your pregnancy swelling under control. But don’t worry — these socks are actually cute!
What’s your favorite pregnancy product? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.