10 Holiday Gift Trends to Jump on Before They Sell Out
It’s gifting time! Anytime after Halloween is fair game for holiday planning, in our book. Whether you’re in the midst of pinning away for an #instaworthy holiday party or have already begun browsing gift guides for your squad, it never hurts to be prepped and prepared during this hectic season. Here are the 10 holiday gift trends that are sure to sell out fast, so stock up now and #getitdone.
1. 3D iPhone Cases: A perfect marriage between the playful poof keychains and a stop-ya-on-the-street cell case, the new trend in tech cases gives us all the feels. For pooch lovers, try Gresso’s Furbaby Case ($45), or get festive with the ASOS Santa 3D Fluffy Beard Case ($16). Bonus: You’ll always be able to find it in your bag.
2. DIY Classes: Whether they’re a DIY maven or you’re hoping to inspire their next creative venture, gifting a DIY class early in the season is perfect for the creative types on your list. For the future Picasso, try Brit + Co’s Intro to Creative Drawing or gift Brit + Co’s Fauxligraphy Course. Makers in the making!
3. Candles That Say Something: Besides the lovely scents, a candle with a spot-on phrase is the perfect giftable option for your squad. For your favorite boss lady, gift this motivational Cinquecandleco GirlBoss Candle ($28) or go the soothing route with a Damselfly Just Breathe Candle ($40).
4. Jewel-Inspired: While the real things don’t come cheap, jewel-inspired gifts are everywhere this year and totally attainable for all of us. Channel their inner Elizabeth Taylor and gift your girls ASOS Jewel Hand Cream & Lip Balm Duo ($16) or Urban Outfitters Mini Geo Terrarium ($18).
5. Agate Home Accessories: On-trend agate is the home trend of the season. Snazz up their coffee table with a ModCloth Stone Improvement Tray ($35) or help them stage the perfect #shelfie with a Target Agate on Stand ($27).
6. Playful Slippers: There’s nothing that says it’s the holidays like cuddly and cozy gifts. This season’s slippers have taken it up a playful notch. Gift the festive ASOS Nutmeg Holidays Snowman Slippers ($16) or Target Microfleece Dragon Scuff Slippers ($15) to keep their tootsies warm all winter long.
8. Inflatable Snow Tubes: Step aside, flamingo pool floats — this winter it’s all about the inflatable snow tube. A sweet Urban Outfitters Donut Snow Tube ($27) or a Modcloth All My Oven Snow Tube ($30) are all you need to make your spirits bright.
9. Cocktail Kits: Up their bar cart game with a one-of-a-kind set all their own. We’re swooning hard over this Modcloth Slick As a Wink Cocktail Shaker Set ($50), or you can add some art-deco glam with this West Elm Bar Gold Barware Marble Stand ($79). For your cocktail-loving jet-setter, gift a W&P Design Carry-On Cocktail Kit ($24).
10. Magical Gifts: It’s all about the magical and playful treats this season. We’re swooning over all things whimsical, no matter what age. For the studious, gift a Paperchase Pastel Unicorn Notebook ($10), or for the kid or simply the kid at heart, gift a Swimmable Mermaid Tale ($35).
Browse our Brit + Co Pinterest boards for loads of gifting inspo this season!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)