Holla! 10 Ways to Accessorize With Holographic Pieces
It’s no secret that we’re big into everything ’90s, but even we have to admit: there have been a few grunge-era style comebacks in the last year or so that have caught us totally off guard. First it was crop tops, which we have learned to love in conservative doses. But now, a trend has reared its iridescent head and has left us scratching ours: we’re talking about holograms! Yep, we’re serious. The far out finish has found its way onto everything from moto jackets to skater dresses, but we’re not hopping on board just yet. Instead, we’re daring to dip our toes into this wacky trend with these 10 holographic accessories. You might be surprised at just how tasteful it can look in small doses ;)
2. Milla Silver Lace Up Shoes ($50): Our designer Annie has a pair of shiny silver oxfords she wears to work and they absolutely rule, so take it from me—these quite similar looking pearly lace ups are worth taking the leap for. Pair ’em with cuffed jeans and a graphic sweater for a flawless look.
3. Hologram Foil Iphone 5/5s Case ($18): Full disclosure: my last iPhone case was a bright yellow hologram case filled with peace signs and tiny alien heads. So as you can see, I reeled it in quite a bit for this roundup :)
4. Slick Geo Earring Set ($22): Why settle for rocking one gem color when you can wear ’em all at once with this hologram earring set? We love that this trio can appear deep purple, emerald green, or even sapphire depending on the angle.
5. Tory Burch Robinson Smart Phone Hologram Wallet ($165): The oil slick finish on this wallet is out of this world. It would look perfectly in place paired with a black cocktail dress or even a pair of jeans and a plain tee.
6. Nanette Lapore Manhunter Hologram Heel Booties ($189): We’re nuts about this two-faced ankle boot that’s all business in the front and party in the back. What can we say? We’re suckers for outrageous heels.
7. Marc Jacobs Henry Stretchy 36.5M Rose Gold ($175): Who knew that a hologram finish would look so pretty on rose gold? We’d rock this watch in no time.
8. Hang On Ring ($10): If you’re jewelry collection is teaming with rhinestone pieces, then this iridescent gem isn’t too much of a stretch at all. Wear it under some silver stacking rings and with a neutral polish shade to make it look modern.
9. Le Specs Dandy Sunglasses ($59): For better or worse, you won’t be finding any hidden smiley faces on the lenses of these sunnies ;)
10. Frends Layla Oil Slick Headphones ($155): Now you can listen to sick beats with these oil slick headphones. It seems like a match made in heaven to us!
How would you accessorize with holographic pieces? Are there any other far-out trends you’ve got your eye on? Tell us in the comments below?