If your Pinterest boards are overflowing with marble kitchens, statement wallpaper, and mid-century modern Amazon finds (two-day shipping, y’all!), it may be time to *seriously* consider embarking on a springtime renovation. But because renos are practically synonymous with stress, we’ve decided to lighten the load a bit by downloading the latest apps that’ll make your spring refresh worry-free.
1. Colorsnap: Finding the perfect paint color for your feature wall can be a HUGE challenge. Luckily, this sweet app makes it easy to save that oh-so-perfect color that you’ve spotted on your morning jaunt or coffee break. Simply snap a pic of the item and the app will match your image with the corresponding Sherwin-Williams paint color. It’s really that easy!
2. 1stdibs: Whatever style of furniture you’re looking for, you’ll find it in abundance at this handy online marketplace. Along with a few other goodies like fashion and jewelry finds, 1stdibs is a great place to get a deal on those high-end pieces that you’ve been swooning over (think Eames and Hermès).
DL It: Free on iOS
3. bHome: This handpicked group of home and garden experts are here to give you all the inspiration you need to get started on your exciting renovation. By giving users easy access to the expert’s blogs, social media, specialty shops, AND the actual experts themselves, this all-in-one app will surely get your inspiration juices flowing before it’s time to nail down a color palette.
4. Artsy: No renovation is complete without new art. Artsy is a swanky app that gives you access to over 300,000 pieces on-the-go. You can contact galleries, bid on live auctions, and learn everything you’d ever want to about the art world… all while scrolling on your iPhone.
DL It: Free on iOS
5. Flipp: While most people use this convenient coupon clipper app for their weekly grocery shopping, it’s also a great way to save on other renovation items too (paintbrushes and picture frames are a necessity, folks!). Search by item, brand, or category to quickly find the best deals in your area in stores like Walmart and Target.
6. Houzz: It’s no big surprise that this beast of an app is a favorite on our list, as it’s frequently used by designers and home owners alike. Not only can you browse more than 11 million high-res pics of home interiors and exteriors, but you can also shop for more than five million products and materials (including cabinets, lighting, and furniture) right from the app.
7. Property Brothers Handbook: If you haven’t seen Drew and Jonathan Scott’s Property Brothers on TV yet, we highly suggest binge watching EVERYTHING before you tackle your reno. This complementary app is also a must as it includes hundreds of renovation, design, and decorating tips, as well as a neat toolkit to help YOU start planning your own dream home.
DL It: Free on iOS
8. Pennies: We probably don’t have to tell you, but renovations are HELLA expensive. This app lets you keep track of your spending and save money with an easy-to-use interface and sleek design. Not only will it help you stay on track with all your everyday expenses, but you can also set up a new budget. It’s flexible, convenient, and totally a great option to spend your pocket change on.
DL It: $2.99 on iOS
9. Brit + Co: We’re not ones to toot our own horns, but our app is definitely a great source to find content about colorful DIYs, home accessories, and much, much more. Save what you love directly on the app by creating a Brit + Co account, and make sure to tag us in your weekend products on social media!
10. Roomle: This room planning tool comes with an impressive furniture catalog to furnish and visualize your designs in 3D. You can plan out your spaces true-to-scale, find the perfect furniture to fit your space, and even see them IRL with an augmented reality function that’s similar to Pokemon Go.
11. Thumbtack: Finding the right professionals to tackle the itty bitty details of your renovation is no longer an impossible task. Within a few hours, Thumbtack will introduce you to up to five available and qualified experts to take on your work. You can compare custom quotes, reviews, and profiles to make sure you’re happy and comfortable BEFORE you invite them over.
12. Recycle Coach: Whether you’re having a huge renovation or a small DIY sesh, odds are you’re going to be left with a few recyclables when you’re finished. This app makes it easy to know what goes where, with detailed disposal instructions specific to your area. Plus, you also get a convenient calendar to track bin collection days!
13. Wayfair: This mega convenient furniture company is all about letting you browse and find the home products you need without the hassle of visiting a store… or paying full price. With over seven million home products available and TONS of deeply discounted pieces regularly, we definitely suggest downloading this bad boy before refreshing your pad this spring.
Are you renovating your space this spring? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.