13 Swoon-Worthy Proposals from This Must-Follow Instagram
We recently discovered @HowHeAsked, and it has turned into one of our favorite Instagrams. Seriously, this Insta shares the most adorable and creative proposals ever. From involving the kiddos to embracing crazy stunts, these engagement stories will make you swoon and say “awwww.” Scroll on to see our 13 fave stories and photos from How He Asked.
1. The Cutest One-Year-Old Helps Dad Propose to His Mom: Midway through a family photoshoot, this dad had his girlfriend unzip their son’s sweater, only to reveal the cutest t-shirt. How could anyone say no to that face? (Photos via Gilded Light Photography)
2. Amanda and Sam: Sam proposed during what Amanda thought was just a fall photo shoot. Considering their engagement photos now include this breathtaking view, we think it was an awesome trick to play. (via How He Asked)
4. Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Proposal: Did somebody say ice cream? Shawn commissioned a custom Ben and Jerry’s carton, in which he stored the engagement ring box. While it kinda breaks our hearts that the carton didn’t actually have ice cream in it, we totally love this creative proposal. (Photo via eKate Photography)
5. Cory + Ivy’s Proposal at the Dallas Cowboys AT&T Stadium: Cory proposed during a tour of the Dallas Cowboys AT&T Stadium in front of his and Ivy’s parents. The results were picture perfect. (Photo via Picturesque Photography)
6. Veronique and Ian’s Epic Mountaintop Proposal: This adventurous couple met in 2008 during a season of skiing and snowboarding in Panorama, BC. Ian fittingly proposed on a mountaintop, with a speech befitting a romantic movie. (Photo via Royce Sihlis)
7. Andrew and Tiffany’s Proposal at the Stairway to Heaven: Andrew persuaded the guard to let the couple climb up this epic peak by giving the guard a peek at the engagement ring. The rest was history. (Photo via Lindsay Farrall)
9. Breast Cancer Patient Gets Emotional Surprise Pre-Surgery: This guy deserves a gold medal. He got down on one knee during Brittany’s pre-surgery party, complete with pink shirt and tie. We’re wishing them a beautiful life together. (via How He Asked)
10. Pitbull Photo Shoot Turns into Proposal for Taylor and JJ: Taylor showed up for a photshoot thinking she was going to pose with her pooch. Her boyfriend JJ had other plans, and the photographer was in on it too. (Photo via Brooke Michelle Photography)
11. Paraplegic Man Learns to Walk for Marriage Proposal: If this story doesn’t have you tearing up, we don’t know what will. After a year of recovering from an accident that left him paralyzed, Justin learned to walk in order to propose to his girlfriend of two years. (via Joy Stacey)
12. Serena and Ajay: Having friends to help makes planning the perfect proposal easier. Ajay led Serena to the rooftop terrace of her apartment building. As they looked out, she saw their friends holding brightly colored umbrellas that spelled out “Will U Marry Me?” (Via Priyanca Rao Photography)
13. Rachel and Jeff: Jeff proposed to Rachel at the beach and arranged for a plane to fly by with a banner that read: “Rachel will you marry me? Love Jeff.” This move is straight out of the movies. (via How He Asked)
Have a favorite story from How He Asked? Share with us below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)