Sara Blakely is basically the OG of shapewear. She revolutionized the undergarment game forever when she launched Spanx, and now, years later, her brand name is synonymous with foundations. So needless to say, when she debuted her newest innovation, we were listening with rapt attention — and we were not disappointed. Ladies, the time has come: Spanx Arm Tights! are officially here.
Do you need the smelling salts? Yep. Us too. Can this really be happening? How does it work? We were puzzled and elated all at the same time. For $30-$34, in size XS-2X, we can now get Spanx for our arms. As the website says, “5 years in the making and 100s of prototypes later, we made magic!” Well, wave that wand all over us. Ahead, five reasons we are trying them (and you should too).
1. They’re not what you think. Were you picturing weird beige and brown individual sleeves at first? Same. In reality, Arm Tights are actually a long sleeve crop top made for layering.
2. They breathe. If you’re imagining some sort of sweaty, medieval corset situation for your arms, think again. Arm Tights are made on a hosiery machine, meaning they’re lightweight, breathe, and have zero seams down the arm.
3. They come in mad colors. And no, not sad “nudes.” You can choose from 11 hues that range from neutrals like “Very Black” (yes, please) to subtle glittery options like “Silver Shimmer” to bold brights like “Hi-Yellow.” You can get one to match pretty much every piece in your closet.
4. They winterize all the things! Just like that, all of our favorite sleeveless summer pieces (think: jumpsuits, overalls, and bodycon dresses) just became cold weather worthy. OUR WARDROBES JUST DOUBLED, PEOPLE.
5. Arm fat. Let’s be real. The main reason we want these is so we can have all. Smooth. Everything. Putting our hand on our hip for photos? That’s officially a thing of the past. Our arms are going to look good at every angle. Sold.
Want more style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.