21 Downright Delicious Ice Cream Cake Recipes
We scream for ice cream! We ache for cake! Yeah, we get a little crazy when it comes to our two favorite desserts. But come on, who doesn’t? The stuff is downright delicious. Combine cake with ice cream to make ice cream cake and you can’t even imagine how excited we get. Let’s just say it’s something akin to what would happen if you threw together 4th of July fireworks, winning lottery numbers and a truckload of puppies. Seriously ladies and gents, this sweet-tastic combo is the definition of good. Traditional ice cream layer cake and a drool-inducing Almond Joy ice cream bombe are just a small part of this ultimate list of recipes. So prepare yourself, ’cause we have 21 more yummy ones coming right at ya to round out Ice Cream Week here at Brit + Co!
1. Neopolitan Ice Cream Cake: The Neopolitan-style ice cream cake is definitely a classic, but trust us, it’s as good as any fancy-shmancy concoction you’ll find. And the colors are pretty amazing. (via Life, Love + Sugar)
2. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake: We don’t know about you, but the refreshing taste of mint combined with the decadent and rich taste of chocolate has always been one of our favorite pairings. (via Completely Delicious)
3. Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Cake: If there were ever an ice cream cake that looked like it were made for Brit + Co, it would be this cereal-topped creation. The colors and the creativity had us at “hello.” Oh, and it’s super easy to make, too! (via The Gunny Sack)
4. Peach Cobbler Ice Cream Cake: This peach cobbler- inspired goodie looks almost too good to eat, but the graham crackers, peaches and pecans sprinkled on top make it impossible to pass up. (via Food Network)
5. Black Forest Ice Cream Cake: Few things complement each other as well as chocolate cake, vanilla ice cream and cherry filling, sooooo we could barely contain ourselves when we discovered this black forest ice cream cake. Honestly — have you ever seen a cake this darn gorgeous before? If so, send it our way! (via Life, Love + Sugar)
6. Polka Dot Ice Cream Cake: Here at Brit HQ, we can never (in good conscious) pass up a good idea. This polka dot design definitely takes the cake (pun intended) in the “good idea” department. (via Simply Suzannes)
7. Raspberry + Pistachio Topped Vanilla Ice Cream Cake: We love classic ideas with a twist, so this gorgeous berry and pistachio topped vanilla ice cream cake had us swooning for a few (more like 30) minutes. (via Call Me Cupcake)
8. Watermelon Ice Cream Cake: This ice cream cake was totally made for cooling down on a hot summer day. For reals, nothing says summertime like a watermelon-flavored ice cream and chocolate chips! (via Parents)
9. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake: Do you often find yourself eating all the cookie dough before you can even get them into the oven? If the answer is yes (obvs), then this chocolate-drizzle and cookie dough covered dessert was made for you to love. The best part? This recipe serves eight to 10, so sharing won’t be that soul-wrenching. Maybe. (via Life, Love + Sugar)
13. Funfetti + Oreo Ice Cream Cake: You probably know by now that we’re totally bonkers about sprinkles. So when we discovered this sprinkle-AND-cookie-topped beauty, it was difficult not to drop everything and whip up this one right in the office. (via Confessions of a Cookbook Queen)
14. Banana Split Ice Cream Cake: There’s no doubt about it, banana splits are amazing. Especially when you transform them into cake bites that are smothered in chocolate sauce, decorated with sprinkles(!) and topped with deep-red cherries. Can you say, “yum”? (via Living Nutrition)
16. Alcoholic Ice Cream Cake: Say hello to your new “after work” cocktail because this ice cream concoction is bursting with the flavors of rum, Bailey’s, chocolate liqueur and raspberry vodka. Yes, please. (via Cookies or Biscuits?)
17. Vegan Chocolate, Blueberry and Banana Ice Cream Cake: Not only does this delish-looking cake have a great trio of flavors, it’s also gluten-free and vegan-approved. (via Sugar and Cinnamon)
18. Strawberry + Champagne Baked Alaska Ice Cream Cake: We know this is going to be hard to believe, but this cake really does taste as good as it looks. To give you an example of how mouth-watering good this cake is, think about this: Even if we had a slice of this every day, we’d still be craving it for years to come. (via Dough Puncher!)
19. Donut Shaped Mini Ice Cream Cakes: We honest-to-goodness thought we would never ever be more excited about ice cream cakes than we already are, but then we discovered these little cuties! If only you could have heard our squeals the minute we laid eyes on these. Actually, for the sake of your ear drums, it’s probably better that you didn’t. Donuts + ice cream + cake = pure bliss. (via Sugar + Cloth)
We hope you enjoyed drooling over all this deliciousness during Ice Cream Week at Brit + Co as much as we all did! We promise, we’ll sprinkle (heh heh) some more creamy dreamy goodness into the rest of the summer, too ;) #staycool!
Alright, alright, we know this is an almost impossible decision to make, but which of one of these ice cream cakes are you crazy excited to try out? Share your thoughts (or your recipes) in the comments below!