22 Screamingly Scrumptious Ice Cream Cake Recipes
Here at Brit + Co., we believe in living every day like it’s the best day of the year. One of our favorite party-worthy treats (after sprinkles, of course!) is the ice cream cake. So, in honor of the special occasion of today, we’re bringing you 22 scream-worthy ice cream cakes (yes, they’re that good!). Life is a celebration and cake is always appropriate. Let’s party.
1. Classic Ice Cream Cake: As you can see, this beautiful number is anything but boring. A decadent layer of crushed chocolate-wafer cookies and chocolate-ripple sauce is sandwiched between mint-chocolate-chip and homemade vanilla ice cream. It stacks up be to one stunning cake. (via Kinfolk)
3. Peppermint Ice Cream Cake: Peppermint takes the cool freshness of ice cream to a whole new level. A crunchy Oreo crust and chocolate ice cream are topped off with a Hershey’s-candy-cane-kiss-vanilla-ice-cream concoction. Perfect with a cup of cocoa on a cold day. (via Bakers Royale)
5. Strawberry Milkshake: Get your strawberry fix from this pretty-‘n’-pink milkshake cake (even if strawberries aren’t currently in season). The cake is flavored with Jell-O and frozen berries, then sandwiched between layers of strawberry ice cream. Scrumptious! (via Taste and Tell)
8. Peanut Butter Oreo: Peanut butter Oreo ice cream cake is a good idea. On a scale of really, really bad to really, really good ideas, this cake would probably break the scale. You see, Oreos, peanut butter and caramel sauce will always, always come out on top. (via Lauren’s Latest)
9. S’mores Ice Cream Cake: We just can’t get enough of S’mores. (Alas, it’s a weakness.) Fortunately, you can bring the campfire treat inside with a cake that features the flavors you crave — oozing mallow and hot chocolatey fudge atop a crunchy graham cracker crust. (via Bombshell Bling)
10. Sprinkle Cake with Birthday Cake Buttercream and Oreo Crumb: We’re in sprinkle heaven! Make a real statement at your next birthday party with an incredible sprinkled ice cream cake. (via The Moon Blush Baker)
12. Pretzel Drumstick: Part of us wants to turn over a new leaf for the New Year, another part wants to make this glorious drumstick pretzel fudge brownie caramel super-cake. We’re going for it. Let’s do it together. No regrets. (via Cherry Tea Cakes)
13. Turtle Pumpkin: Pumpkin ice cream. Gingersnap crust. And a secret amazingness known as dulce de leche (which literally means “milk jam,” as in milk candy or caramel). You can’t top this… except maybe by adding chocolate. And candied pecans. (via A Spicy Perspective)
14. Strawberries and Cream: Three words for ya: No. Baking. Involved. That’s right. This decadent no-bake cake is assembly only. It comes together in minutes or even faster if you work with a friend. Henry Ford would be proud. (via A Night Owl)
15. Snickers Peanut Butter Brownie: Hmmm… how can we sum up this cake in one word? Extravagant. It’s loaded with everything except the kitchen sink. And yet… could you drizzle extra chocolate sauce on our slice, please? (via Life Love and Sugar)
16. Classic Milkshake Cupcakes: Can’t take the cold weather? Skip the soup. Make satisfyingly delicious milkshake cupcakes to bring back visions of sunnier days. What flavor do you want? Strawberry? Chocolate? Coke? (We’ll try them all!) (via Bubbly Nature Creations)
19. Milo Ice Cream Cake: Before this cake, we’d never heard of Milo, a chocolate energy drink mix (are we in the minority here?). But after a few minutes of mesmerized staring at this cake, we need it. Like yesterday. Because apparently, it’s the magic ingredient. Two layers of chocolate-malt cake sandwich a vanilla ice cream layer that’s loaded with the amazing crunchy Milo crumbles, then topped off with a rich chocolate malt sauce. (via The Sugar Hit)
21. Chocolate with Hazelnuts and Marshmallow Swirl: Right now, we’re interested in just one thing in life: This cake. We don’t know about you guys, but Nutella has pretty much won our hearts over for any recipe that includes the word “hazelnut.” (via Martha Stewart)
22. Tiramisu Ice Cream Cake: Tiramisu translates to “pick me up” in English. Yes, this cake definitely inspires happiness. (Hello? Coffee is a main ingredient!). It is the dessert dreams are made of. (via The Delicious Life)
We’re curious: If we hosted a screaming contest (winner takes home the cake!), which of these ice creams would have you squealing your loudest? (Hypothetically speaking, of course.)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.