Last week, we transformed one of our favorite summer drinks, an Arnold Palmer, into delicious lemon bars. But you know how we love to spike our sweets here at Brit.co… so we took it a step further with John Daly jello shots! The John Daly is a cocktail consisting of lemonade, iced tea, and bourbon, or lemonade, and sweet tea vodka. It’s basically an alcoholic Arnold Palmer.
– 1/2 cup lemonade + 1/2 cup tea (or 1 cup Tazo Tea Lemonade)
– 2-3 tablespoons sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
– 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
– 1.5 packets unflavored gelatin
– 2/3 cup lemon vodka (OR 1/3 cup lemon vodka + 1/3 cup sweet tea vodka)
-lemon slices (for garnish)
– toothpicks & construction paper (for garnish)
1. Lightly spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Gently wipe away any excess residue with a paper towel.
2. Pour lemonade and tea (or substitute Tazo Tea Lemonade) into a small saucepan and stir in lemon juice or sugar. Sprinkle in gelatin and allow to sit a minute or two.
3. Heat on medium low, stirring occasionally until sugar and gelatin have completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in alcohol and pour mixture into prepared mini muffin pan. Allow to set at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. While jello shots are setting, make your mini flagstick garnish: Using construction paper, cut little triangles and write the number “19” on them. Using tape or a glue stick, attach to toothpicks.
6. When jello shots are set, gently run a knife around the edges of each cavity to help loosen. Place on top of a lemon slice, insert flagstick toothpicks and serve.
You know we love our mini muffin pan, so that’s what we used for these shots. Lightly spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray. Using a paper towel, wipe out the inside of each cavity. (This will leave just enough residue to help keep the jello from sticking).
Use a combo of tea and lemonade, or if you really want to make things easy… try this Tazo Tea Lemonade. As for the boozy portion… you can use lemon vodka or sweet tea vodka… or a combination of both!
Pour a half cup lemonade and a half cup tea into a small sauce pan (or a cup of the tea lemonade), and stir in lemon juice and sugar. Sprinkle with the gelatin and allow to sit a minute or two.
Heat on medium low, stirring occasionally, until sugar and gelatin have completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
Stir in alcohol and pour into prepared mini muffin pan. Allow to set at least 4 hours or overnight.
Using construction paper, cut little triangles, and write the number “19” on them. (The 19th hole is always the best hole!) Using tape or glue sticks, attach to toothpicks to make a mini flagstick.
When jello shots are set, gently run a knife around the edges to help loosen. Place on top of a lemon slice, insert toothpicks and serve!