Morning Buzz! Justin Bieber Accidentally Drove into a Paparazzo While Leaving Church + More
A bad day for Bieber and Prince William’s last shift as an air ambulance pilot lead this morning’s top news stories. Check out those and more below in the Thursday edition of Morning Buzz.
1. Justin Bieber made headlines earlier this week for canceling the rest of his Purpose world tour, and now he’s back in the news again for accidentally running into a paparazzo photographer with his truck while leaving City Church, Beverly Hills police confirmed to People. Bieber immediately got out of his pickup truck to make sure the photographer was okay; photos show the photographer who was knocked down lying on the sidewalk and holding his leg. He was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. (h/t People; photo via Anthony Harvey/Getty)
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) July 27, 2017
2. Prince William retired as an air ambulance pilot to focus on royal duties full-time. For the past two years, when we weren’t seeing William tour the world with his impossibly adorable kids, he was quietly serving as a helicopter pilot with the East Anglian Air Ambulance team. Now he’s hanging up his flight suit to focus on his royal duties full time, but not before an emotional last shift with the crew today. “These experiences have instilled in me a profound respect for the men and women who serve in our emergency services,” he said in a statement. “I hope to continue to champion [them], even as I leave the profession.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Badgalriri IG Stories (@rihstories_) on
3. Rihanna met with the President of France about education because she can do anything. A typical work schedule for Rihanna consists of slaying the red carpet for the new blockbuster movie she’s starring in one week, and meeting with the President of France, Emmanuel Macron, and First Lady Brigitte Macronthe the next to talk about making education better for girls around the world. NO BIG. Rihanna shared snaps from the “#girlpower” meeting on her Instagram story, and said in a press conference after the meeting that a big announcement would be coming in September. She’s working with the Global Partnership for Education to get G20 leaders to commit dollars to education initiatives — and it looks like it’s working. (h/t HuffPost)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Liev Schreiber (@lievschreiber) on
4. Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber reunited for their son’s 10th birthday party.Watts and Schreiber split last September after 11 years together. At the time, they stated that “with great love, respect, and friendship in our hearts,” they still looked forward to raising their children together. This has proved true so far, as the two reunited to celebrate their son Alexander’s 10th birthday this week. The parents and son posed for a pic cutting the cake together, which Schreiber captioned, “Happy Birthday Big Boy! Finally hit the double digits!” Too cute. (h/t E!)
5. Kylie Jenner decided to go vegan and her first meals look gourmet AF. Me, deciding to try to be vegan: “Time for some plain tofu, I guess?” Kylie Jenner going vegan: “Vegan, raw, soy-free, dairy-free, grain-free nachos and vegan pizza.” Jenner is currently “trying this whole vegan thing,” and the vegan tacos, nachos, and pizza she shared look pretty delicious. Jenner didn’t state her reasons for the dietary switch, but she’s known to try lots of different food trends, including her hilariously relatable juice cleanse that lasted only a couple of hours before she went and got sushi.
6.Quote of the day: “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
Are you or have you ever tried being vegan? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Anthony Harvey/Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)