9 Dresses That Copy Kate Middleton’s New Mom Style
1. Reiss Lottie Sugar Printed Silk Dress ($370): When Kate steps out in a new frock, it spurs women across the globe to seek out similar styles and causes stores to sell out in minutes. You’ll be hard pressed to find a carbon copy of Kate’s yellow floral shift, and not just because it was a custom Jenny Packham design. The dress caused a surge in yellow floral dress sales everywhere. If you can’t get enough of that sweet frock, this floral number should do the trick.
2. Diane von Furstenberg Tenner Floral Print Shirt Dress ($230): Kate has quite a few of Diane von Furstenberg’s iconic wrap dresses in her closet, so we couldn’t resist adding one of the designer’s dresses to the list. It boasts the flattering A-line shape that Kate loves, while a bright floral print is a nod to the Duchess’s most recent eye-catching look.
3. L.K. Bennett Hannah Printed Shift Dress ($345): L.K. Bennett sits high on Kate’s list of faves. Channel her elegant, feminine vibe at the office with this contemporary nine-to-five interpretation of her floral getup.
4. Topshop Floral Print Bardot Dress ($105): Okay, so Queen Elizabeth might not appreciate this fun, two-tiered frock, but for all of us non-royals, it’s a cool way to reinterpret the Duchess’s style. The Bardot-inspired top, vibrant hue and bold floral print make it a must for all your summer soirees.
5. Gibson & Latimer Floral Print Jacquard Sheath Dress ($54): Now this is a little more the Queen’s speed. Do like Kate and add on a fab belt to give this cheerful, sophisticated number a touch of personal flair.
6. BCBGMAXAZRIA Elizabeth Sleeveless Shift ($228): If you don’t really “do” florals, or even yellow, this pretty shift lets you nab some of that Middleton fab without entirely committing to either one. The almost neon-lemon hue and cool-toned illustrated floral print feel fresh and modern rather than prissy.
7. New Look Yellow Floral Print Tea Dress ($15): Get in touch with your inner sovereign even when you’re keeping it casual. On-trend platform sandals or classic heels will elevate it to date-night ready (or afternoon tea), while laid-back kicks render it ready for day-off lounging.
8. Topshop Floral Print Belted Silk Dress ($160): Give Kate’s look a touch of mid-century flair with a mini shirtdress silhouette. This is a great option for ladies wanting to jump on the Middleton style bandwagon without compromising their own trendy sartorial sensibilities.
9. Doe + Rae Sunshine on My Shoulder Dress ($106): The dainty blooms on Kate’s custom Jenny Packham dress are what really sold us on the look. Doe + Rae’s summery sundress rocks a similar petite print, plus a lacy neckline and tassels that give it a subtle, boho vibe.
What do you think of Kate’s new mom style? Tell us about it in the comments!
(Catherine photos via Chris Jackson/Getty)