7 #OOTDs for the Week: Fresh Ways to Wear Florals
If frilly and feminine isn’t really how you would define your style, the thought of florals might be a little off-putting. But as the fashionable ladies of this week’s OOTD roundup know, florals can be fresh and edgy too. Big, bold blooms, vibrant color and modern designs are key, with a few sleek accessories thrown into the mix to pull it all together.
1. @thepearloyster: Your first thought might be “Floral dress? You’ve gone to far.” But hear us out. The black backdrop, punchy color and boho silhouette keep this dress from entering into twee territory. A layered chain necklace adds a hint of polish with a “don’t mess” twist for a look that is chic, but totally effortless.
2. @bettyautier: We can all agree that French style is pretty on-point, and Betty Autier drives that idea home with these statement-making kicks. Baby blue, rose-covered trainers are the perfect mix of sports-chic and feminine, so if you’re not sure about putting florals front and center in your ensemble, this is the way to go.
3. @blaireadiebee: Blair Eadie is no stranger to feminine getups, and the pop-art-esque perennials on her fit-and-flare frock feel fun and playful. To give the look an extra edge, pair it up with sneakers, a bomber or moto jacket and funky shades.
4. @houseofharper: Sure, there’s a lot going on here, and, yes, the flowers are out en force, but the blue breton stripes work with the similarly hued print to create an interesting yet cohesive look that has fashion girl written all over it.
5. @sincerelyjules: Moody blue and a no-frills floral pattern get the borrowed-from-the-boys treatment with distressed denim, a baseball cap and a shirt wrapped around the waist.
6. @b_soup: Black-and-white blooms with a graffiti-inspired look are anything but dainty, especially when teamed with leather bottoms and vibrant splashes of color.
7. @chiaraferragni: For another intro-to-florals look, go for a few floral appliqués instead of an all-over print. Distressed overalls are a little bit grunge to balance out the blossoms, while a straw hat keeps the look feeling laid-back.
Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.